Compensation Analyst I
Compensation Analyst I
Office of Human Resources
Exempt, Regular, 100%-Time, Pay Grade 1.3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Compensation Analyst. The Compensation Analyst will assist in the administration and maintenance of Stateside and Overseas employee compensation programs.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supports the Compensation team in administering both stateside and overseas compensation programs, salary structures and equity guidelines.
- Assists with the coordination and maintenance of job profile and market pricing files and related systems.
- Coordinate and maintain detailed compensation tables for calculation and control of allowance plans and other compensation components impacting employee pay, obtaining appropriate data to make updates accurately and on schedule.
- Assist in conducting job analyses and market pricing to determine salary grades according to compensation guidelines and policies. Review proposed salary actions to ensure conformity with established guidelines and policies. Actively partner and consult with key stakeholders on pay decisions, policies, and guidelines in order to strengthen and ensure consistency with UMUC's Compensation & Benefits philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Explore, research, propose and implement (if approved) new and/or revised programs, primarily related to compensation, rewards, and recognition. Ensure increased communication and education on all Compensation & Benefits programs and initiatives. Stay abreast of market trends, organization objectives, and UMUC compensation and benefits data.
- Support compensation technology updates, conduct testing, and assist in the development of related training as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned in support of Compensation & Benefits department needs.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and expertise with Powerpoint and Excel to include skills to formulas, vlookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Adept at learning and adopting new technology and solutions.
- Demonstrated research, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and effectively engage and interact within Human Resources functional areas as well as internal departments.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to gather, understand and develop and document complex processes and execute with accuracy.
- Effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Ability to function as an effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Ability to face tasks and challenges with energy and passion while pursuing activities with focus and drive
- Ability to shift focus, multi-task, and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to proactively support project deliverables, initiating and soliciting input from owners and participants as appropriate.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and up to two (2) years of experience; preferably in human resources.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred candidates will have thorough knowledge of compensation practices, job analysis/evaluation, federal labor regulations, general HR practices and working knowledge of FLSA and other applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.