Golf Course Mechanic (Vehicle and Equipment Technician II)
5 days left
- Full Time
Position reports to Services, troubleshoots and repairs specialized turf equipment and provides high level diagnostic and repair services to golf course equipment, large tractors and other mowing equipment. Makes field and emergency repairs as required. Gathers information and completes diagnostic reports. Performs post-diagnostic tests to ensure the equipment that has been serviced to determine if the equipment is fixed. Will perform turf work on the golf course to include: inspection of cutting heights for turf, operation of turf equipment, pesticide application work, irrigation systems trouble shooting, maintenance and repairs, daily inspection and necessary adjustments of all mowers during peak seasons. Participation on Spring and Fall course renovations and inspection of equipment used for the renovations. Creates, implements, and maintains a formal preventative maintenance program for specialized turf and heavy equipment at Golf site. Develops a winter maintenance program for equipment while not in service. Develop and maintain an up to date parts inventory, orders parts and tracks parts once received. Inputs work orders into the Maintenance Software system, Trirega, and follows up on status of open and pending work orders.Illustrative Duties
- Performs the most difficult diagnoses and repairs of mechanical defects in trucks, trailers, off-road equipment, pumps, generators, and other mechanical equipment;
- Removes and tears down components and assemblies, such as engines, automatic transmissions, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, and power trains, then rebuilds, adjusts, reinstalls, aligns, and meshes such components and assemblies;
- May supervise work of lower level employees;
- May act as lead in supervisor's absence;
- Assists lower level employees in diagnosing and tracing hard-to-locate defects or problems.
- Proficiency in the diagnosis, adjustment and repair of all assigned vehicles and equipment systems;
- Extensive knowledge of methods and tools commonly used by service technicians in the repair and maintenance of automotive and industrial equipment;
- Extensive knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of subordinates;
- Ability to coach, counsel, train and evaluate employee performance to include safety policies, procedures and practices;
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers and other County employees;
- Ability to learn job related technical information, and to communicate such information to co-workers.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to completion of the tenth grade plus five years of experience in problem diagnosis, repair and maintenance of a wide variety of light, medium, heavy and/or specialized automotive equipment. Two years of experience must have been at a level comparable to Vehicle Service Technician I. Related automotive technical education or trade training above the high school may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- May be required to provide copies of driving record periodically for verification of driving status.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check and a Pre-Employment Physical to the satisfaction of the employer.
- Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to completion of the tenth grade plus five years of experience in problem diagnosis, repair and maintenance of a wide variety of light, medium, heavy and/or specialized turf equipment.
- Two years of experience must have been with turf equipment.
- Related automotive technical education or trade training above the high school may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Pesticide registered tech or applicators certification, within 6-months of appointment.
- Experience with the Trirega data system.
Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently; ability to spend extended periods of time standing; ability to bend, twist, turn and reach, ability to work in environments with exposure to dust and noxious fumes; ability to climb on and off of grounds keeping equipment. Duties can be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.