Community Health Analyst (Public Health Nurse III)
3 days left
- Full Time
This position will be filled as a job share with 2 incumbents working 20 hours a week. Both positions report to the same supervisor and will work no more than half of a full merit position and are entitled to prorated holidays, and all eligible benefits.
Under the direct supervision of the Quality Manager and in collaboration with Quality Management colleagues, Operational Medical Director and EMS Administration, participates in the assessment and identification of the need to expand services to address emerging issues or service gaps in the emergency medical service delivery system, e.g., opioids and mental health, making recommendations for improvements or changes and collaboration on implementation planning and execution. Utilizes technology to retrieve and analyze data, and communicate or share service delivery information in the appropriate format with stakeholders, other relevant parties, and the community. Delivers community and allied healthcare provider education programs to update public knowledge and promote service utilization.
Graduation from a college or university accredited by the National League for Nursing or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education with a bachelor's degree in Nursing; plus three years of post-licensure experience as a nurse in an equivalent health care setting whose focus was primarily prevention services and community education, including two years in a public health/community health setting; plus at least one year experience in a public health/community health specialty area or supervisory responsibilities.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Possession of current license or a multistate licensure privilege to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia;
- Selected positions or area(s) of assignment may require the incumbent to possess a valid Motor Vehicle Driver's License.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
All positions or area(s) of assignment will require the incumbent to successfully complete a state criminal history record check prior to appointment if not already on record. Contingent upon area of assignment, some positions within this class will require a National Provider Identifier.
- Graduation from a college or university accredited by the National League for Nursing with a bachelor's degree in nursing;
- Three years of post-licensure experience as a nurse in an equivalent health care setting whose focus was primarily prevention services and community education;
- Two years in a public health/community health setting;
- At least one year experience in a public health/community health specialty area or supervisory responsibilities;
- Two or more years of experience in an emergency care setting or in an EMS agency;
- Prior experience with process improvement activities or analytic review of quality metrics;
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computer software applications.
Job is generally sedentary in nature, however, visual acuity is required to read data on computer monitor. Incumbent must be able to operate keyboard driven equipment. Must effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to lift 15 pounds. All duties may be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.