Clinical Nurse Practitioner (Nurse Practitioner)
This is a part-time job share position no more than 20 hours per week as a Clinical Nurse Practitioner. Both positions in the job share report to the same supervisor and will work no more than half of a full merit position.
The selected candidate will collaborate with a wide variety of civilian and uniformed personnel including the Operational Medical Director, Quality Manager, EMS Leadership and EMS providers. Document training efforts, identify and implement remediation action plans as needed to ensure continual improvement of both individual and overall system performance. This position is entitled to prorated holidays, and all eligible benefits.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in nursing; plus a master's degree in nursing as a clinical nurse practitioner; depending upon area of assignment, may require one year of experience as a certified nurse practitioner.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Licensed to Practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the state of Virginia.
- Has obtained national certification as a nurse practitioner.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Appointee will be required to successfully complete a state criminal history record check and a credit check prior to appointment. Contingent upon area of assignment, some positions within this class will require a National Provider Identifier.
- Three to five years' experience as a Nurse Practitioner;
- Extensive background in Emergency Medical Services;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office 365 software;
- Master's degree in education National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician;
- Paramedic certificate American Heart Association Advanced Care Life Support;
- Instructor certificate American Heart Association Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation;
- Instructor certificate American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support;
- Instructor certificate National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians;
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support Instructor certificate.
Ability to operate keyboard driven equipment; lift boxes (up to 30 pounds); bend, lift, and squat for periods during training. All duties may be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.