Administrative Assistant IV
Works as the team lead supporting the billing and reimbursement of services from third party payers for the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB). The team is responsible for over $18 million in annual fee revenues. Ensures compliance with federal, state, county and CSB regulations, policies and standards of practice. Acts as the senior account manager, overseeing the work of subordinate account managers. Acts on behalf of the third-party team supervisor as needed.
(The illustrative duties listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all-inclusive list. A complete list of position duties and unique physical requirements can be found in the position job description.)
General Financial Duties
- Reviews and approves disbursement forms;
- Recommends changes to agency/work unit administrative policies, procedures and methods;
- Uses existing spreadsheets and databases to interpret and organize resource information;
- Provides customized reports to analysts or others in the unit.
- Approves and authorizes accounts through corporate system;
- Monitors external accounts and resolves discrepancies;
- Reviews and reconciles status reports.
- Supervises staff performing clerical accounting duties at the Asst. II and III levels;
- Resolves problems by performing qualitative review of individual cases;
- Enters data into corporate accounting systems and reconciles a wide variety of accounts receivable/payable;
- Performs/supervises several administrative functions (e.g., records management, reception);
- Manages a small work unit;
- Analyzes short-term administrative needs of the unit (e.g., status of supplies and equipment, determining if work order is needed);
- Notifies relevant individuals of work progress and inquires as to its status.
- Develops filing systems (paper and/or electronic);
- Develops internal mailing processes and procedures;
- Prepares non-routine responses to correspondence;
- May supervise general administrative functions.
- Develops macros;
- Creates and maintains databases;
- Generates unique reports;
- Creates complex spreadsheets for work unit;
- Diagnoses and resolves simple software/hardware problems;
- May supervise.
- Prepares routine reports and statistics based on information compiled from various sources;
- Determines report format and elements.
(The knowledge, skills and abilities listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all-inclusive list.)
Knowledge and understanding of the programs or activities of the unit served, as well as of the county and departmental administrative guides;
Position may require knowledge of basic principles and methods of a technical or professional field.
- Basic math skills.
- Intermediate skills in use of applicable Microsoft Office Word.
- Intermediate skills in the use of applicable Microsoft Office Suite software;
- Intermediate skills in the use of agency specific software applications.
- Ability to communicate well through written and oral means.
- Ability to gather, integrate, and analyze simple data.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both external and internal contacts.
Purchasing and Accounting
- Ability to perform data entry into Purchasing/Logistics Enterprise Resource Planning systems and/or Financial Enterprise Resource Planning systems in at least five functions.
Personnel and Payroll
- Ability to perform complex Human Capital Management Enterprise Resource Planning system functions (e.g., establish a position, create a PCF, determine cost center codes, etc.).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and be sensitive to political issues.
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to high school graduation and three years of experience providing administrative support in the assigned functional area(s).
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
A strong understanding of insurance reimbursement, with an emphasis on Medicaid and Medicaid Managed Care Organizations. Knowledge and experience using Credible Electronic Health Record system, especially as it relates to claims and billing processes. Experience with FOCUS/SAP accounting system. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office computer software, especially Word and Excel. Experience leading subordinates.
Physical duties including bending, stretching and lifting to 30 pounds. Sitting for extended periods. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.