Assistant Clinical Professor Nutrient Management Program Coordinator
Assistant Clinical Professor
Nutrient Management Program Coordinator
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
POSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Clinical Professor/
Nutrient Management Program Coordinator is a
Professional Track faculty position that will oversee the
Agricultural Nutrient Management Program (ANMP).
This program is funded by Maryland Department
of Agriculture and resides within the Department of
Environmental Science and Technology. The goal
of this program is to provide educational opportunities
and technical support for certified nutrient management
consultants in Maryland.
- Ph.D. in soil science, agronomy with a focus on soil fertility, soil chemistry, nutrient
- management or closely related field;
- Working knowledge of agriculture and water quality issues;
- Demonstrated teaching (extension/outreach) abilities;
- Flexible working hours required; must be available for occasional evening programs;
- Experience with GIS, distance education pedagogy, and technology such as CANVAS,
- Blackboard or Storyline (preferred); &
- Physical demands: Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time in meetings.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds when involved in extension activities in the field (farms).
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS & CLOSING DATE:
All applications must be submitted by June 1, 2018 via www.ejobs.umd.edu (posting # 103193).