Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- You must be a United States Citizen, subject to the exceptions enumerated at http://www.uscourts.gov/careers.
- Selectee must favorably complete a background investigation.
- Relatives of Center staff members may not be employed at the Center in any capacity.
- All requirements must be met for full consideration.
- at least three years of experience editing print or online materials;
- demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word;
- knowledge of design and layout principles;
- ability to apply principles and rules of grammar, usage, and style; and
- a bachelor's degree.
- proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite products (e.g., Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop);
- proficiency in HTML;
- familiarity with The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation;
- demonstrated ability in design and typography; and
- experience editing social science, legal, or other academic publications.
A bachelor's degree.
Federal government benefits are applicable. An array of supplemental benefits are also offered including a transportation subsidy and a flexible benefit program allowing for pre-tax deductions for health insurance, health care, dependent care, and commuter expenses. The FJC is located in the Thurgood Marshall Building, conveniently situated to public transportation directly beside Union Station. The Marshall Building houses a child development center and a fitness facility for its tenants.
This position does not carry the tenure rights of positions in the competitive civil service.
This is a term, one-year position with the possibility of extension at the Center's discretion. The starting salary is set as $68,611. This position falls in the Center's pay band IV which has a salary range up to $124,450; not all incumbents in pay band IV positions can expect to reach the top of the range. For the successful candidate who is not currently a member of the Center staff, a higher starting salary, but not to exceed $72,042, may be considered based upon the successful candidate's current salary. For the successful internal candidate earning less than the starting range minimum, his/her salary will be brought up to the range minimum of $68,611. If the successful internal candidate's salary falls above the range minimum that salary will be matched up to his/her current salary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable