IT Specialist (Security)
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet all legal and regulatory requirements. Reference the "Required Documents" section for additional requirements.GS-14: Applicants must have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level, GS-13, in the Federal Service.
Specialized experience is defined as leading a project or team for a cyber security program; providing technical advice and guidance on information security program matters such as completing and maintaining security authorizations for information systems; analyzing and making recommendations on a variety of information system designs, IT system interrelationships, system software, and/or equipment configuration, IT security principles, techniques, and requirements.
As well as, experience in being a technical expert with the ability to provide oral and written information regarding security policies, standards, directions and guidance; experience developing and defining IT security program plans and strategies; experience with systems security certification and accreditation requirement processes; and experience in utilizing varies tools to analyze logs, identify malware, and conduct security assessments.
There is no education substitution for this position.
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
The Department of Labor does not make unfavorable hiring decisions on the basis of an applicant's previous or current unemployment, or the fact that an applicant has experienced financial difficulty through no fault of his/her own and has undertaken good faith efforts to meet his/her financial obligations. Consideration is given to financial status in relation to appointments only where required by law, regulation, or Executive Order.
Refer to these links for more information: GENERAL INFORMATION, REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION, ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, SELECTIVE SERVICE REGISTRATION, PROBATIONARY PERIOD, FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
For this position, individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the five competencies listed below:
- Oral Communication- Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Customer Service- Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Technical Competence - Uses knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on-the-job experience to perform one's job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job; advises others on technical issues.
- Problem Solving- Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Attention to Detail- Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Q - Sensitive