Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must possess at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level.
Specialized experience is defined as: drafting and finalizing correspondence and briefings; managing travel arrangements; managing executive level calendar; providing advisories on management and administrative policies; assisting with developing operating procedures, policies and/or instructions; assisting with conducting/planning/organizing large scale conferences or training events; querying database and generating reports; using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Applicants must possess at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09
Specialized experience is defined as: Analyzing, evaluating and implementing administrative management guidance; drafting and finalizing correspondence and briefing; managing travel arrangements; exclusively managing executive level calendar; providing advisories to senior staff on management and administrative policies; developing operating procedures, policies and/or instructions; conducting/planning/organizing large scale conferences or training events; querying database and generating reports; using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-09 LEVEL: A Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D. may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-11 LEVEL: A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
- DCAA has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security and thrift savings; health, life and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. DCAA employees enjoy our business-casual dress code, flexible work schedules, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to telecommute.
- Additional Vacancies:This announcement may be used to fill additional positions within 90 days of the closing date.
- Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of 2 years if one has not already been completed.
- Travel: Some travel is required. Travel is typically local; however, some overnight travel may be required. Mobile auditor positions may require extensive travel (50% - 75%) between contractor locations. Government vehicles are not provided for use by DCAA mobile auditors.
- Veterans Preference: If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 member copy 4 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans' preference go to: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
- Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov/).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. . For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP): You may be eligible for MSP, if you are the spouse of an active duty military member and you are ranked among the best qualified for this vacancy.
- Reemployed Annuitant: does not meet the criteria. This vacancy does not meet the criteria identified in DoDI 1400.25 VOLUME 300, Section 3 for the appointment of annuitants. Veterans preference eligibles receive consideration regardless of their annuitant status.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will initially be reviewed to determine whether you meet the minimum eligibility and qualifications requirements. If you are qualified, you will then receive a rating based on the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities for the position listed below. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications, you will be assigned a rating commensurate with your background. Your application will be placed in one of three categories:
- Best Qualified: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or is recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
- Highly Qualified: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience.
- Qualified: Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only.
- Administration and Management
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Technology Application
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10196289 Read more Security clearance Top Secret