Senior Data Quality Analyst
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the CN-53, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the CN-52 grade level in the Federal service (For qualification purposes, the CN-52 is broadly equivalent to the GS-12). Specialized experience for this position includes demonstrated experience:
- Leading projects or initiatives requiring data mining and analyses of large data sets (containing millions of records), remediating complex and varied data anomalies in system data; using tools and programming languages (e.g., PostGres, SQL, SAS, Python, R) to extract data from multiple systems; AND
- Leading a project requiring expert knowledge of data structures and data rules and the application of data quality standards; AND
- Leading a project or operation requiring the protection of sensitive information in systems, in accordance with appropriate Federal regulations, policies and procedures and industry best practices.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This announcement may be used to fill like positions in other organizations within the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
-Ethics: CFPB employees are subject to government-wide ethical standards of conduct, financial disclosure requirements, and post-employment prohibitions, which applicants may review at www.oge.gov. In addition, CFPB employees must comply with the Supplemental Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (5 CFR 9401), which, among other things, prohibit an employee or the employee’s spouse or minor child from owning or controlling a debt or equity interest in an entity supervised by CFPB. CFPB’s regulations also impose restrictions on the outside activities of certain Bureau employees, including examiners and attorneys. Applicants may review the CFPB ethics regulations and a summary of the regulations at www.consumerfinance.gov. Questions regarding these requirements and prohibitions should be directed to the CFPB Ethics Office at EthicsHelp@cfpb.gov.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Analytical Thinking
- Written Communication
- Subject Matter Expertise
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must receive a score of 90 or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation