Education Support Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Academic Advisor, School of Music
The School of Music in the College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) seeks qualified candidates for an Academic Advisor position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Provide academic advising for undergraduate and graduate music students;
- Assist the Director, Associate Director, and Director for Graduate Studies for School of Music;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the School of Music, acting as liaison between the Registrarâ€™s Office, and CVPA;
- Work with faculty and coordinate all applied lessons;
- Maintain accurate databases of student information, and confidential information pertaining to student files and grades; and
- Support student development by coordinating the Mason Music Ambassador leadership team. Required Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of office practices and procedures and will possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Skilled at dealing with problems and finding workable solutions;
- Must be computer literate and adept with the use of databases, spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail, and Internet software programs;
- Possess desire to learn new practices, procedures and equipment operations;
- Demonstrate ability to interpret and follow oral and written rules;
- Ability to collect, assemble and process information;
- Ability to organize work and make independent work processing decisions;
- Possess ability to maintain harmonious working relationships;
- Experience working with and advising students; and
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Preferred Qualification:
- Knowledge of Banner, DegreeWorks, Microstrategy, and Student Success Collaborative systems are extremely desirable.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-05-28