Education Support Specialist III
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Academic Advisor, Arts Management
The George Mason University Arts Management (AMGT) program within the College of Visual and Performing arts seeks qualified applicants for a full-time Academic Advisor position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
A successful candidate will have a professional demeanor; be a self-starter who can work and solve problems independently; be very reliable and responsible; be deadline-oriented, flexible and creative.
- Curriculum mapping, including planning course offerings and course scheduling in conjunction with the Program Director;
- Oversees changes to the curriculum and coordination of old and new curriculums in transition periods;
- Strategic planning for curriculum in conjunction with Program Director and AMGT faculty, including developing undergraduate course offerings for a variety of undergraduate programs;
- Communicate with prospective students through recruitment fairs, social media, and events; greet visitors and provide tours to prospective students;
- Monitor and advise all arts management students, managing the orientation process, guiding them through program and university requirements, procedures for graduation, and reviewing and assessing graduation applications;
- Manage the application process to AMGT program and portfolio review, coordinating with all necessary departments at the College and University level;
- Manage submissions, promotion and delivery of scholarships, coordinating with the AMGT admissions committee, Program Director, and CVPA and GMU Admissions. Ensure that students awarded receive their scholarship each semester; and
- Assist internship coordination and grading in conjunction with Assistant Professor responsible for internship management at the graduate level, and the Assistant Director for undergraduates, including managing the internship resources on the AMGT website and social media. Required Qualifications
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated office experience in an academic environment;
- Ability to closely work with the Program Director and Faculty to achieve program goals, as well as successfully working with a diverse student body of domestic and international students;
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision; must be very organized, be able to multi-task and set priorities, and must have excellent communication and grammar skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships within and outside of the university on the programsâ€™ behalf;
- Ability to develop and carry out details of a project once overall parameters are established;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Mac OSX;
- Ability to learn new software and university procedures;
- Ability to work with confidently information such as student records; and
- All typical skills necessary for operating in an office environment including, but not limited to: typing, telephone etiquette, posting and reconciling accounts, maintaining data bases, using document templates, and order office supplies. Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelorâ€™s degree with a background in fine arts, performing arts, or arts related field
- Involvement with student recruitment and/or alumni affairs and strong intercultural communication skills highly desirable;
- Familiarity with Banner, Discoverer, eVA, Travel Request System, Patriot Web and University policy and procedures; and
- Understanding and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver).
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :