Senior Systems Engineer - Splunk
- The candidate should be familiar with recognizing and onboarding new data sources into Splunk/Splunk ES, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
- The Splunk engineer should be familiar with a Linux environment, editing, maintaining, and distributing Splunk configuration files and apps.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree coupled with 10 years of experience in IT or master's degree with 8 years of experience in IT is required.
- Splunk Architect II or higher Certification(preferred)
- Experience with Python and other programming languages is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in a senior Splunk role.
- 3+ Years of experience in Linux administration.
- 2+ Years of experience in app interface development, using REST API's.
- Designing, engineering, configuring and administering Splunk 6.x content.
- Assisting in the proper operation and performance of Splunk, plug-ins, loggers and connectors.
- Building Splunk reports.
- Developing dashboards with visual metrics for stakeholders.
- Defining strategy and design around data collection, aggregations, and summarization processes.
- Integrating external data sources into Splunk.
- Enforcing best practices related to summarizing and querying data.
- Developing advanced scripts for the manipulation of multiple data repositories to support analyst requirements.
- Partnering with other enterprise teams to support data capture and advanced data analytics and forecasting efforts to support proactive identification of issues.
- Providing recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk products in the customer environment.
- Designing the Splunk system solution to meet growth while maintaining a balance between performance, stability, scalability and agility.
- SIEM content management.