Assessment Center Manager
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleAssessment Center Manager
Job Description SummaryTitle: \t\t\t\tAssessment Center Manager
Bargaining Status: \tNon-bargaining\t\t
Online applications must be received by May 25, 2018.
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, Office for Student Affairs, has need for a full time Assessment Center Manager. Work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm. Saturday and alternative work schedules may be required during peak times.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
The Assessment Center Manager provides a welcoming and secure environment for placement testing, make-up academic tests, testing for distance classes, and testing for students who need accommodations. Under the supervision of the college-wide Assessment Centers Director, this position manages the daily operations of the Rockville assessment center. The incumbent will supervise full-time and part-time staff, temporary employees, and student assistants.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create work schedules for all assessment staff, including student assistants
- Ensure that assessment staff maintain informed and properly trained
- Update key stakeholders- students, faculty, counselors- to ensure that the campus needs for testing are being met and that processes are in place to provide the most professional customer service-oriented environment possible.
- Strong knowledge of computer testing practices, including assistive technology
- Hands-on participation in daily test intake and administration, including proctoring, intake, and data entry
- Collaborate with faculty and staff from other departments to plan for test services
- Provide monthly report on testing data and current issues at the center
- Bachelor's degree in counseling, education or related field.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience administering a comprehensive college or certified testing center serving a diverse population.
- Two years of experience in leadership and staff supervision.
- Extensive experience as a test administrator or supervisor in a testing lab, computer lab or other testing environment.
- Knowledge of testing software and hardware, including assistive technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to respect and understand cultural differences.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Master's Degree.
- Bilingual in one or more of the most common second languages spoken in Montgomery County (Spanish, French, Ethiopian, or an African Language).
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateFriday, May 25, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.