Senior Maintenance Planning Assistant
2 days left
- Full Time
Under limited supervision of the Supervisor, provides planning and scheduling support to the maintenance planning organization within a division and associated enterprise asset management (EAM) business processes. This includes all support tasks and transactions to support an effective industrial maintenance program throughout all of Fairfax Water’s systems. The system specialist maintains critical maintenance data to include asset structure, job material requirements and maintenance plans to efficiently manage system assets.
The Senior Maintenance Planning Assistant provides critical administrative support within a division and limited maintenance management analysis.
- Ensures SAP EAM data is accurate, sufficiently detailed and updated in a timely manner. Creates and maintains functional locations, equipment and associated master data entries, equipment bill of material, maintenance task list and plans.
- Reviews notifications and work orders for completeness and accuracy to ensure required data has been entered by maintenance staff to include planned and actual costs, resource requirements, and root cause analysis.
- Creates work orders from notifications and classifies them according to priority.
- Generates standard reports and helps develop new maintenance reports to monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of the maintenance organization.
- Assists Maintenance Planner with materials resource planning. Obtains quotes from vendors and generate purchase requisitions.
- Works closely with Procurement staff to ensure the maintenance organization has material necessary to complete maintenance activities.
- Generate standard submittals to create new maintenance material requirements (Material Master) information.
- Participate in cross-functional teams related to improving SAP EAM functionality to include Material and Equipment Master Data committees, Business Solution Support team, and develop testing documentation and change requests.
- Supports maintenance staff execution of SAP EAM business processes by serving as a first line contact for navigation of routine transactions and conduct training when required.
- Fills in for basic function of the Maintenance Planner in her/his absence.
- Serves as a contract coordinator for industrial maintenance contracts by making trouble calls, coordinating services in support of the maintenance activities.
- Complete special projects that require independent research in order to recommend and implement solutions to ensure an efficient and effective maintenance process.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent, supplemented by general business practice courses and a minimum of seven years of progressively responsible related administrative experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge.
- Strong personal computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe, SharePoint) and ability to quickly learn software applications.
- Must have experience working with Enterprise Management Software programs and automated maintenance processes.
- Available to work overtime, as needed.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships in a team environment.
- Ability to attend and successfully complete required business and technical training courses.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test. This position is subject to random testing after hire.