Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg Government provides congressional, regulatory and legal news to government affairs and government relations professionals. We are seeking a Marketing Manager, Government Affairs who will be working closely with the Marketing Director, the Government Affairs Marketing manager will plan, develop, integrate, and implement the overall marketing strategy for BGOV’s Government Affairs unit with a focus on revenue growth and market expansion. She or he will manage and execute marketing campaigns and promotions based on business objectives and changing market and competitive conditions.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans to support growth of BGOV products employing direct marketing and integrated, multi-channel campaigns.
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns focused on lead generation and lead nurturing.
- Optimize positioning of products based on market research, customer feedback, product opportunities and new market developments.
- Identify targeted market segments for new product launch messaging, cross-selling and upselling opportunities, and direct marketing efforts.
- Identify new channels to market, list sources and lead sources for focused marketing opportunities and sales support.
- Monitor and analyze competitive, financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Collaborate with product and editorial teams to maximize effectiveness of marketing campaigns and retention efforts.
- Develop, recommend, and implement online marketing strategy for transactional products resulting in the greatest share of the market over time.
- Track and analyze marketing program performance and adjusts strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness and marketing ROI.
- Manage development and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs.
- Manage local conference promotions and initiatives, including pre- and post-show mailings, telemarketing, and advertising opportunities. Participates at conferences and trade shows, as needed.
- Report on marketing plans and results to marketing peers and business stakeholders.
- Help establish and maintain consistent corporate and brand image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years related work experience; demonstrated effective experience in business-to-business marketing; prior experience in business publishing a plus; demonstrated success in B2B marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- Knowledge of business publishing or related industry;
- Proven track record in developing and implementing marketing plans, integrated campaigns, direct marketing, market research, advertising, sales support, and marketing analytics
- Skills and experience across multiple channels including email, online marketing, events/tradeshows, social media and other channels
- Experience in providing marketing support to sales teams and working directly with sales teams;
- Ability to work in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadlines
- Excellent organizational, analytical and project management skills
- Experience managing marketing budgets; exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with people at all levels inside and outside BBNA and BGOV
Redefine How Washington Works
When government is at its best, diverse ideas are at work. The same is true of Bloomberg Government. Our ability to innovate and serve our clients means diversity and inclusion are essential. If you’re eager to join a multi-dimensional team that celebrates and leverages difference, if you have the vision to see how information can transform “business as usual” and if you are hungry to create-to build a service transforming how things get done—then stop reading this and join our team.
Who Thrives Here?
Individuals who embrace hard work, act with urgency and collaborate without reserve thrive at Bloomberg Government. You are on the front lines of revolutionizing the information services industry in Washington-as high as our expectations will be of you, yours must be higher. If you are dogged, innovative and interested in work that contributes to causes greater than yourself, you belong at Bloomberg Government.