Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the qualification requirements for this position no later than the closing date of the vacancy announcement.To qualify at the SV-D Pay Band (equivalent to GS-3-6), you must meet one of the qualification requirements (A, B, OR C) outlined below:
A. Experience: If you are qualifying based on experience, your application must clearly outline at least six months of progressively responsible general experience. General Experience is defined as clerical, office, or other work that indicates the ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled. General Experience is defined as:
- Experience compiling and tracking data; providing basic computer assistance; scheduling meetings; typing correspondences; providing standard information on administrative policies; and
- Experience maintaining records.
OR C. Combining Education and Experience: Combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total qualification requirements for this position, and may be computed by first determining your total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the band level; then determining your education as a percentage of the education required for the band level; and then adding the two percentages. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent. Applicants who meet the qualifications listed above based on education or a combination of education and experience MUST provide proof of education such as a list of completed college courses or the date and school of degree including the number of semester or quarter hours or a transcript from an accredited college or university. The information must be provided as an attachment to the application by the closing date of the announcement. If selected, the applicant must supply a transcript or certification of degree.
To qualify for the SV-E Pay Band (equivalent to GS-7/8), you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the SV-D or GS-6 Pay Band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position to be filled. Specialize experience is defined as:
- Experience of security rules, procedures, and operations to perform support functions involving the initiation, review and processing of personnel security documentation;
- Experience maintaining records about clearance levels required by various local projects, programs, or organizations (e.g., individual employee clearance, limitations on the numbers of personnel spaces [billets and positions] authorized for specific programs, and the clearances required);
- Experience performing many necessary prescreening follow-up duties prior to submitting clearance requests to other organizations for adjudication;
- Experience reviewing clearance requests forms; AND
- Experience giving reports of background investigations to detect errors or omissions in the information.
- Experience of security rules, procedures, and operations to initiate, review and process personnel security documentation;
- Experience assembling and reviewing security packages that involve numerous items, provisions, and attachments for incompatible information or administrative discrepancies;
- Experience conducting background research and fact finding to obtain additional information from files, regulations, or policies;
- Experience ensuring manual and electronic files and records are maintained in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements (e.g., The Privacy Act) and are consistent with risk-assessment requirements; and providing administrative guidance to others on routine and complex administrative procedures.
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
Eligibility to apply for other Federal positions: TSA is an Excepted Service agency exempt from most of Title 5 United States Code, including regulations which apply to displaced Federal employees (CTAP/ICTAP) of other agencies, and employment with TSA does not confer "Competitive Status" that generally results from selection and service in Competitive Service agencies. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has established an Interchange Agreement, which allows most permanent TSA employees to apply and be considered for vacancies in Competitive Service agencies. Information from OPM on this or other Interchange Agreements is available at: http://www.opm.gov.
To ensure the accomplishment of our mission, DHS requires every employee to be reliable and trustworthy. To meet those standards, all selected applicants must undergo and successfully pass a background investigation as a condition of placement into this position.
DHS uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify including your rights and responsibilities.
If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application, prior to entry on duty. False statements on any part of the application may result in withdrawal of offer of employment, dismissal after beginning work, fine, or imprisonment.
TSA employees who are absent for the purpose of performing military duty may apply for any vacancies announced in their absence.
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual’s employment experience will be used only to determine the person’s qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual’s personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination. For more information, click here.
Payment of relocation expenses (Permanent Change of Station) is not authorized.
More than one position may be filled from this announcement.
If you are entering TSA employment on an appointment without time limitations, you must serve a basic trial period unless you have already met the requirement.
TSA policy requires verification of Selective Service registration for male applicants born after 12/31/59. For more information click here.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Veterans and persons with disabilities possess a wealth of unique talents, experiences, and competencies that can be invaluable to the DHS mission. If you are a member of one of these groups, you may not have to compete with the public for federal jobs. To determine your eligibility for non-competitive appointment and to understand the documentation that is required, click on the links above or contact the Servicing Human Resources Office listed at the bottom of this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience and/or related education as reflected in your resume and supporting documentation. You are encouraged to ensure work experiences clearly show possession of the competencies required for this position. We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and any supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your category placement may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job.
When completing the assessment questionnaire for this position, you will be prompted to elect if you wish for your application to be considered as External (where Veterans’ Preference applies), as Status (current or former Federal Employees), and/or Internal to TSA as a current permanent or competitive temporary employee. At that time, please select the answer(s) that apply to you and your application to this position.
Candidates will be rated and ranked using Category Grouping procedures. Under Category Grouping, candidates will be rated and ranked into one of three categories:
Best Qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors and are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
Well Qualified - applicants possessing experience that exceed the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors and are proficient in most of the requirements of the job; and
Qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors and are proficient in some, but not all of the requirements of the job.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics that are relevant to the duties of this position and must be fully supported by information in your resume:
- Advanced knowledge of personnel security laws, regulations and legal authorities.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers and software to perform variety of basic automated operations and functions.
- Ability to manage a high volume of work by balancing completing deadlines and priorities effectively amongst a variety of diverse tasks.
- Skill in reviewing correspondence for proper format, conformance with instructions or manuals, grammar, typographical accuracy, attachments, and coordination.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Secret