4 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Infrequent travel to GAO field offices
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all qualifications requirements before the announcement closes.
Note: Positions in GAO are covered under the agency's performance based compensation system, which is pay banded. This position is classified as a PT-1712-III, which is equivalent to the GS-14 level in the federal government.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Selectee may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Statement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Please be aware that applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
If you are selected for this position, you will be subject to a determination of your suitability for Federal employment.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one-year or two-year probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the qualification requirements stated above, you will be further rated based on your responses to the vacancy questions. Please make sure that your responses to the vacancy questions are supported in your resume. Follow all instructions carefully as incomplete answers, errors, or omissions may affect your rating. Your rating will be invalid if you fail to include a narrative reply to any vacancy question(s) that requires further explanation, or your reply is "see resume."
All applicants will be rated based on their responses to the assessment questions, in conjunction with the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
• Broad knowledge of diversity and inclusion, cultural competency, and leadership development programs, systems, and learning techniques.
• Demonstrated experience in designing, developing and delivering training courses,
• Broad knowledge of training development practices and evaluation methods to advise LC management in the assessment of training needs and to evaluate the effectiveness of training.
• Skill in analytical techniques for identifying, gathering, and analyzing data, forming conclusions consistent with management and program goals, recommending solutions to problems, and implementing changes to plans.
• Skill in evaluating and analyzing trends in program management to identify problem areas and recommend corrective action.
• Skill to plan, organize, and direct team studies and to negotiate effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations that have far reaching impact, represent departures from the status quo, and conflict with the interests of elements of the Agency.
• Skill in facilitating training and communicating clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to develop and deliver briefings, training, project papers, status reports, and correspondence to managers that explain technically complex matters in layperson's terms. By way of definition, oral communication ·may include methods used by employees with disabilities such as sign language interpretation, text-to speech or TTY technology, and amplification devices.
• Ability to create effective partnerships with senior leadership and SMEs within GAO and outside contractors and vendors.
To preview questions please click here.