Occasional travel - Seldom - Up to 15%
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Experience relevant to planning and supporting academic focused events, conferences or workshops.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in higher education or military education institutions providing administrative support to academic research, curriculum development, and organizational policies.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with Core Course Directors, Faculty, internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of college and administrative functions, practices and techniques relevant to delivery of academic programs.
- Appropriate knowledge, training, or experience with computer applications used in higher education administration and delivery, such as Blackboard or other learning management systems.
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365 Suite Programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other applicable software systems for academic support duties.
- Ability to serve as liaison between students, faculty, collegiate leadership, or external organizations and/or experience interacting with mid- or high-level academic, government, or industry officials.
- Possesses a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education (or international equivalent) in education, public administration, educational technology, or other appropriate discipline.
- Experience interacting with foreign cultures, senior military and government officials.
NDU has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security, and thrift savings; health, life, and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. NDU employees enjoy flexible work schedules, transit subsidy, and the opportunity to telecommute.
Initial Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of 18 months.
Reemployed Annuitants: Department of Defense has the authority to hire annuitants without reduction in pay. For more information, go to: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A screening panel will review your resume and narrative answers to the assessment questions to evaluate your qualifications for the position. NDU uses a multi-tier selection process for academic positions. You must attach a separate document with answers to the questions listed below. The following questions will be reviewed by the NDU screening panel.
- Describe your experience providing direct support to academic departments, faculty, and associated curriculum development/ delivery. Duties performed in support of research projects. Responses should include computer programs and software used to provide department support.
- Describe your experience in supporting course design and delivery tasks, assisting faculty members with their tasks and assignments. Address experience assisting in the development of organization policies and processes to improve effectiveness of academic support.
- Describe your experience in coordination of dignitaries, guest speakers and/ or events held within the assigned departments of a higher education institution. Assistance with coordination of in-processing/ arrival and briefings for incoming students.
- Please provide a briefing or writing sample (no more than 5 pages) in which you have prepared a written report or presentation related to research projects, academic policy or educational technology support and training. Please indicate to what level of leadership this information was presented.