SR IT SPECIALIST (SECURITY), CG-2210-14
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is authorized
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation is authorized
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Registration with the Selective Service.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
High Risk Position - Background Investigation (BI) required.
You must have Information Technology (IT)-related experience which demonstrates proficiency in each of the following competencies:
• Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
• Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade GS/CG-13 grade level in the federal service. Specialized experience is experience pertaining to information security in the areas vulnerability assessments; and direct technical knowledge performing vulnerability assessments using automated tools, correlating the results, and reporting findings to system owners for remediation.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 85 "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The vacancy announcement is issued under the U.S. Office of Personnel Management's Direct-hire Authority.
Your application will be reviewed, including the online assessment questionnaire, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements in the announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, your resume will be evaluated to measure the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) listed below. Top candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
- Knowledge of enterprise vulnerability management programs and vulnerabilities
- Skill in the development of technical documentation related to vulnerability management.
- Ability to communicate orally to a wide audience, including senior FDIC staff and other federal agency management, the General Accountability Office, and Inspector General.
- Ability to analyze network architectures for security vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of security system technology, devices, procedures, and policies as applied to the field of vulnerability management and penetration testing.
- Skill in standards, policies, and procedures development to support vulnerability management.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answer to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation