Aeronautical Information Specialist
Occasional travel - The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Reference - OPMs Group Coverage Qualification Standards for Administrative and Management Positions in conjunction with the Individual Occupational Requirements for 1361: Navigational Information Series.
To qualify for this position at the FG/GS-14 (FV-J) level, you must demonstrate in your application that you possess at least one year of Specialized Experience equivalent to the FG/GS-13 (FV-I) level in the Federal service. Specialized Experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE may include but is not limited to: Development, maintenance and revision of terminal/enroute instrument flight procedures (IFPs); design, compilation and maintenance of aeronautical charts, related products, and aeronautical information; ensuring IFPs are coordinated and integrated in the NAS and provide for safe operation of aircraft; collecting, evaluating and verifying aeronautical data and/or information; experience serving as project manager for multidisciplinary charting and production activities.
Applicants may be asked to verify information on their application for employment with the FAA.
See Qualifications Required.
As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA.
In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each Knowledge Skills and Abilities, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements and selective factor(s), if applicable, may be further evaluated on KSA's and Other Factors listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: score order, category grouping, or alphabetical and referred to the selecting official for consideration.
INCLUDE YOUR CURRENT ORGANIZATION ROUTING SYMBOL IN THE EMPLOYMENT SECTION OF YOUR WORK HISTORY.Preview Job Questionnaire Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
1) Vacancy announcement number AAC-INT-18-AJV5540-57442 has been cancelled. To be considered you must apply to this current vacancy announcement number AAC-INT-18-AJV5540-57467.
2) This position is eligible for telework.
3) This position may require occasional travel.
4) All applicants MUST provide a copy of their most recent SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) which verifies current position, title, series, grade, tenure, and organization of record.
5) Some, all, or none of the candidates may be interviewed.
6) Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or may result in you not being considered for the job.
7) Applicants must apply on-line to receive consideration for this vacancy announcement. Faxed, mailed, or emailed applications cannot be accepted.
8) This announcement may be used to fill a vacancy in either Oklahoma City, OK or Silver Spring, MD
9) To check receipt of faxed documents, please call (405) 954-7981.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.