Public Relations and Marketing Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Advancement Programs Specialist
The George Mason University Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations invites qualified candidates to apply for a full-time Advancement Programs Specialist position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The primary focus of this position is to work with the Advancement Programs team to implement donor relations, stewardship and Advancement Communications activities and programs that foster longstanding and successful relationships between George Mason University and its donors. Duties include:
- Manage Monthly Pledge Reminder Program--working with directors of development and the Associate Vice President for Campaign Programs to prepare and distribute accurate monthly pledge reminders to donors who have outstanding pledges;
- Prepare and distribute Presidential and Vice Presidential acknowledgement letters in consultation with the Assistant Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship;
- Serve as secondary writer for gift agreements;
- Work with the Advancement Communications team to develop and research annual giving donor impact stories for reports, publications, websites, videos, etc.;
- Assist with campaign (Advancement) website updates as needed;
- Work with Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship to maintain and provide ongoing updates to stewardship module of the AcademicWorks platform;
- Track and report metrics related to AcademicWorks platform; and
- Undertake donor relations and stewardship special projects as needed before, during and after the universityâ€™s comprehensive campaign.
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented, independent thinker capable of prioritizing daily, weekly, and monthly tasks, and completing them with minimal direction;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills;
- Have a willingness to learn particularly related to the field of advancement;
- Comfortable with the use of technology (including all social media platforms);
- Must have excellent command of the English language; and
- Knowledge of office procedures and equipment as well as have experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or a combination of education and relevant experience;
- Experience in a higher education fundraising or membership/constituent relations environment;
- Previous use of ADVANCE and Orbis (Business Objects); and
- Strong research skills related to fundraising.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02498z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :