Administrative Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience; anticipated starting salary is in the upper-$30,000s to lower-$40,000s.
Web Announcement :
Call Center Manager
The George Mason University Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations invites qualified candidates to apply for a full-time Call Center Manager position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Oversee Mason Messenger program to include monitoring overall program and who is calling when;
- Analyze historical data and current year statistics to include suggestions, recommendations, and solutions to running a more efficient call program;
- Responsible for productivity of calling campaigns, metrics that include total pledges/total dollars secured, contract completes and/or hours, completes per hour, and other internal budget metrics;
- Monitoring, measuring, and taking action when performance is not on pace to achieve key metrics;
- Enforcement of call centers policies and procedures;
- Devise ways to optimize procedures and keep staff motivated;
- Manage phonathon supervisor(s);
- Recruit, hire, and maintain records of Call Center managers/students;
- Based on analysis of past calling, develop calling schedule;
- Upload appropriate data to Call Center database for student callers;
- Write scripts for students to use when calling various segments;
- Staff the Call Center on nights when students are calling;
- Serve as a liaison between Call Center and the Office of Annual Giving;
- Provide analysis of overall program on a weekly basis to the Director;
- Run and print pledge reminders to send to donors;
- Generate creative new ideas to keep student callers engaged;
- Tabulate and report gift data, including data analysis of calling segments with year-to-year comparisons;
- Create and run reports that will show weekly calling progress in a clear, concise manner to be presented to the Director;
- Work with Development Officers to provide stats, when requested; and
- Handle all space and equipment issues related to the Call Center.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated experience working directly in call centers, university advancement, development, or college admissions;
- Knowledge of Campus Call software;
- Must be willing to be a team player and perform other duties as assigned;
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office suite, and Adobe Dreamweaver and Photoshop;
- Be self-motivated, work well under pressure, and have the ability to multitask;
- Excellent written communication, and research and organizational skills;
- Ability to work in autonomous capacity, demonstrating professional and self-motivated qualities that enable achievement of personal and professional goals;
- Ability to analyze statistics and offer insight into statistical trending of call center/project;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software quickly;
- Entrepreneurial skills and the ability to take ownership of calling centers, utilizing innovation and creativity to advance and improve productivity, are essential;
- Provide effective follow-up and follow-through regarding individual and team performance;
- Ability to reduce issues to core elements, and develop solutions using problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Must be able to work in an environment where the noise level is moderate; and
- Ability to work nights and weekends, with typical work hours of 11:30 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Managerial or leadership experience working directly in a higher education fundraising focused calling center.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01868z at http://jobs.gmu.edu ; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :