Public Relations & Marketing Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Student Communications Coordinator, College of Education and Human Development
The George Mason University College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) Office of Student and Academic Affairs (SAA) invites applications for a Student Communications Coordinator who will support College retention efforts while also increasing student awareness of and adherence to University and CEHD policies and procedures. Additionally, the Student Communications Coordinator will promote student engagement and sense of belonging through the creation and dissemination of promotional materials and media for CEHD SAA events, activities, and initiatives.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Located just a short distance from Washington, D.C., CEHD is a dynamic academic unit committed to innovation and excellence in its research and teaching activities. The College offers a wide-range of academic programs through its Graduate School of Education and its School of Recreation, Health and Tourism. For a full description of the Collegeâ€™s diverse program offerings see http://cehd.gmu.edu/.
The Student Communications Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Student Success, will be responsible for performing the following functions:
- Develop, implement, and assess a comprehensive student communications plan tailored to a diverse, matriculating student population to ensure student awareness of and adherence to University and CEHD policies and procedures and promote student engagement and sense of belonging.
- Plan, research, and write content for a variety of print and electronic student-facing materials, including undergraduate and graduate versions of The 2300 weekly e-digest, the ENGAGE newsletter, and the Student Success Blog.
- Plan, curate, and create fresh content for all CEHD SAA social media platforms to sustain community growth and engagement.
- Design, brand, produce, and disseminate promotional materials (e.g., posters, digital signage, newspaper ads, and handbills) in support of all CEHD SAA initiatives.
- Develop, track, and evaluate student retention campaigns through marketing automation platforms and the Student Success Collaborative by Educational Advisory Board.
- Design media (e.g., program booklets, slide decks, signage, name badges, certificates, and handouts), manage registration systems and communications, and assist with logistics and staffing for CEHD SAA events, enrichment activities, ceremonies, and new student orientations.
Required Qualifications: * Bachelorâ€™s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience * Experience developing print and e-communications for targeted populations * Experience developing content and managing various social media platforms * Experience designing media (e.g., program booklets and signage) for events and activities * Superior skills with Microsoft Office suite as well as strong database experience * Strong attention to detail along with excellent verbal and written communication skills * Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changes in a work environment * Excellent customer service skills and ability to work in a team environment * Strong ability to multitask and prioritize Preferred Qualifications: * Experience working in a higher education environment with diverse student populations * Experience planning and executing college student-facing events and activities * Experience using graphic design and editing software (e.g., InDesign) * Experience producing communications and marketing content for college student populations * Experience managing marketing automation platforms and email marketing software (e.g., MailChimp, Constant Contact)
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :