Sr. Reliability Engineer
NOTE: This is a reposting. Applicants who have already applied to this job opening need not reapply”
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in reliability, electrical, mechanical or related engineering field.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, a High School Diploma or GED and four (4), years of experience in an electrical or mechanical maintenance role may be considered.
Minimum of eight (8) years of demonstrated experience in the electrical or mechanical maintenance field with strong experience in performance monitoring, performance reporting or auditing.
Occasionally may be required to work outside of normal business hours to attend meetings or work on special projects.
ASQ-CRE or CMRP certification preferred
Previous engineering or maintenance lead/supervisory or management experience preferred.
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Responsible for leading and monitoring the effective reliability measurement and maintenance activities for assets in RAIL, Communications, Automatic Fare Collection, Elevator/Escalator and other applicable equipment.
- Serves as the lead reliability engineer on programs related to improving reliability, performance, and maintainability for revenue and non-revenue assets for Rail Services.
- Leads efforts in determining root causes of failure of WMATA revenue and non-revenue assets for Rail Services.
- Serves as the lead reliability engineer and champion for an asset class, asset fleet and/or maintenance department.
- Utilizes analysis tools and methods to independently develop RAIL performance reports on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis as required.
- Coordinates the gathering of interdepartmental data by running SQL queries and developing reports between the maintenance offices and operations control centers.
- Independently develops and provides ad-hoc analysis that result in further understanding of root cause or expected impact of potential RAIL issues.
- Leads the management of data across numerous databases to insure the quality and integrity of the data.
- Independently develops and executes complex queries in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) containing millions of records to identify and analyze reliability issues using programming languages and tools (e.g. SQL).
- Identifies and communicates data quality concerns with recommendations to all levels of the organization including senior leadership.
- Collaborates with internal WMATA departments including Quality, Engineering, and respective rail maintenance departments.
- Represents the department in reliability meetings at all levels of the company, including senior leadership.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.