Principal Salesforce Analyst
Job Title: Principal Salesforce Analyst
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Intelsat's Sales Strategy and Planning team is looking for an experienced salesforce.com thought-leader to champion, expand, and optimize the use of salesforce throughout the organization, supporting both traditional CRM functions as well as workflow, order management and revenue forecasting to name a few. This person will act as the salesforce.com "product owner", with the responsibility for overseeing all aspects of the product lifecycle. This includes collaborating with business users to scope out needs, assist in the development of requirements, and partner with IT to implement standard functionality as well as customized development. A key aspect of this role is ensuring proper change management processes are developed and followed; Socializing the salesforce roadmap , creating release notes and training collateral and coordinating deployments. In addition, this role will develop more "general" training materials to assist new employees with a focus on enhancing Intelsat's on-boarding process and global salesforce. Intelsat is seeking a team player who enjoys technical challenges within a fast-paced environment, applies sound judgment in successful task planning and execution, meets deadlines, and communicates with high standards of professionalism.
- Drive user adoption by teaming with sales, engineering, sales operations and other departments to optimize usage.
- Evaluate product add-ons/enhancements on a regular basis to ensure Intelsat is up-to-date with best practices
- Create training materials for on-boarding new employees for a number of roles/departments. Instruct training when necessary
- Develop Executive Dashboards for senior management to drive usage top-down
- Develop reports for sales management and individuals to manage their accounts to drive usage bottom-up
- Work with Sales Operations to develop report automation for pipeline reporting.
- Review changes to Intelsat's business processes and ensure workflow in SFDC matches/support/enables sales to execute on sales strategies
- Work with IT Developers to enhance Intelsat iteration on a regular basis
- Optimize individual and team performance related to the usage of Salesforce.com by working across multiple business functions to identify, document, and implement streamlined business processes
- Develop and Maintain and understanding of other related systems in order to make recommendations for company-wide system and process improvements
- Develop reporting to monitor data quality and report Accounts/Opportunities with missing information
- Develop usage reporting
- Own Vendor relationship with Salesforce.com in conjunction with Intelsat IT team
- Create reporting on Intelsat Sales trends and utilize competitor information
- Serve as Level 2 SFDC support for Sales Operations
- Work with Sales Operations team to create and publish best practices in relation to our products and Salesforce configuration
- Perform and develop User testing
Knowledge Skills and Abilities needed for the role:
- BA/BS Degree from an accredited university
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience, to include project management (additional years of experience preferred)
- Experienced and certified Salesforce Admin preferred
- Must have the ability to manage key stakeholder requirements discussions and drive to consensus decisions to obtain sign off on requirement documents
- Strong computer and technical skills, including proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must have very strong knowledge of Excel including: macros, excel ranges, pivot tables, and formulas
- Must be able to think strategically and possess a detail-oriented analytic approach to managing work
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in dealing with and seeking creative solutions to problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required; must also exhibit highly professional standards in all communications
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.