5 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Selected applicant must be able to acquire and maintain a government-issued travel charge card.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position is designated as a Public Trust Position.
If selected, you will be required to complete OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with GSA OIG.
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume and responses to the vacancy questions that they meet the basic OPM qualifications as well as qualifications described below. Applicants must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements for the position advertised within 30 days of the closing date of the vacancy.
To qualify for this position, ALL applicants MUST meet the basic education requirement and specialized experience as outlined.
Basic Education Requirements:
Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.");
Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
To qualify for the GS-0511-11 level, a candidate must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-0511-09 level in the federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has prepared the applicant with specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. Specialized Experience for this position is experience conducting financial and performance audits applying the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS); evaluating policies, procedures, and internal controls to assess program performance and evaluating compliance, conducting attestation engagements to ensure sound financial management principles are being applied consistently with applicable laws and regulations, and ensuring identified deficiencies are corrected.
- Education substitution for GS-0511-11: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in accounting or a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree that is supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting/auditing.
- Combination of education and experience. Note: Only graduate education in excess of two years is creditable.
To qualify for the GS-0511-12 level, a candidate must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-0511-11 level in the federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has prepared the applicant with specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized Experience for this position is experience conducting financial and performance audits applying the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS); participating in the review, and assisting in the establishment and/or revision of operating policies, procedures, and internal controls to assess program performance and evaluate compliance with laws and regulations; providing technical advice to others on policies, procedures, and practices; and assisting in conducting evaluations, inspections, and quality assurance reviews. There is no education substitution for the GS-12 level. Applicants MUST, however, satisfy the basic education requirement for Auditors and/or Accountants.
There is a positive education requirement for this position. Transcripts/certificates must be provided with your application that reflects the requirements of this position. (NOTE: YOU MUST PROVIDE LEGIBLE TRANSCRIPTS SHOWING COMPLETED COURSEWORK AND DEGREE(S) AWARDED AS VERIFICATION OF YOUR EDUCATION).
To find out if your school is accredited, please use the Department of Education's link at: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: None
- This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling this position by other means. Management also has the right not to fill the position.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
- Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Category rating will be used to rank candidates into one of the three Quality groups; Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. Veterans' preference consideration, if supported by appropriate documentation, is then applied. Qualified preference eligibles are placed above non-preference eligibles within their respective quality category and considered before non-preference eligibles in that category. Note: Your responses must be substantiated by the resume submitted. If a determination is made that in responding to the vacancy questions you have rated yourself higher than is evident in your resume, experience, and/or education, your score may be adjusted by a Human Resources Specialist.
The Knowledges, Skills and Abilities for this position are:
- Knowledge of auditing principles and practices such as the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards.
- Ability to conduct financial and performance audits.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
- Skill in the analysis of programs to identify high risk areas for audits.
EEO STATEMENT: ALL APPLICANTS FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, POLITICAL AFFILIATION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE (WITH AUTHORIZED EXCEPTIONS) OR ANY OTHER NONMERIT FACTOR.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation