Senior Technical Surveillance Specialist
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
1. Knowledge of the theories, principles, practices, techniques, use and operation of various types of criminal electronic and surveillance technical equipment.
2. Knowledge of law enforcement procedures, practices, evidence gathering techniques and rules of evidence.
3. Ability to serve as a subject matter expert concerning technical equipment and electronic surveillance matters.
4. Ability to install, operate and troubleshoot audio, video, tracking and microwave transmission systems, radio systems and mail screening equipment.
5. Ability to conduct and convey research on new equipment and systems.
6. Ability to resolve complex problems relating to the use of electronics in surveillance or evidence gathering environments.
7. Ability to lead a small task force of technical personnel to accomplish a specified mission.
8. Knowledge of two-way radio systems, including portable and mobile radio communications equipment sufficient to
9. Ability to communicate orally sufficient to liaison with representatives from other law enforcement agencies; provide
training and technical guidance on use of surveillance equipment to inspectors and other technical surveillance specialists.
10. Ability to communicate in writing sufficient to prepare written instructions on the use of surveillance equipment for various internal audiences.
11. SPECIAL CONDITION: Willingness to respond to emergency situations utilizing the most expeditious means.
12. SPECIAL CONDITION: Willingness to work long hours and irregular schedules both of which may include considerable travel.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Willingness to submit to a Tier 2 Moderate Background Investigation (MBI). This investigation
requires, among other things, completion of a questionnaire and fingerprinting for a criminal records check. The investigation may require a drug test. The successful applicant will be required to meet and maintain the requirements of this level of background investigation while holding this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
BENEFIT INFORMATION: We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, annual and sick leave.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Please read the "How To Apply" section.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable