Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of a Cemetery Caretaker without more than normal supervision. WG-05: Screen Out Element: I have the ability to perform common Cemetery Caretaker tasks including digging, squaring graves and headstone holes with tools such as pneumatic tampers, picks, and shovels; operating hand or gasoline driven pumps to empty water from open graves; setting and aligning headstones. I work under close supervision of a work leader or journey-level employee who observes tasks in progress and upon completion to make sure they are properly performed. Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of a Cemetery Caretaker without more than normal supervision. WG-06: Screen Out Element: I have the ability to perform common Cemetery Caretaker tasks including manipulating hand and foot controls to stop, start, and maneuver small tractors which tow pre-adjusted grounds maintenance equipment; erecting tents and setting up chairs for ceremonial purposes. I work under close supervision of a work leader or journey-level employee who observes tasks in progress and upon completion to make sure they are properly performed. Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision Screen Out
- Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprinting reading)
- Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Knowledge of Materials
Physical Effort: The work requires frequent walking, standing, pushing of carts, bending and stooping. Frequent arm and leg movements are required when operating a tractor and equipment controls to compensate for terrain features. The incumbent often lifts and handles heavy equipment attachments when connecting them to tractors. The incumbent lifts objects weighing up to 50 pounds while loading and unloading cargo. Heavy physical effort is used by the incumbent in constantly reaching, bending, turning and moving hand, arms, feet and legs to operate heavy duty tampers. Considerable strain can be caused by the constant vibration, jerking and jolting of the tampers in setting headstones and tamping graves.
Working Conditions: Works outside and is occasionally exposed to bad weather condition while loading and unloading vehicles. Due to driving in all types of traffic and weather and is exposed to the possibility of serious accidents. The incumbent is subject to cuts, bruises, and broken bones.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 29 position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.