Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required to attend training, conferences or meetings.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
.In addition to the basic education requirements, applicants can qualify through education alone, or through a combination of education and specialized experience as outlined below:
Two years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree.
Master's or equivalent graduate degree
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-07) in the Federal service. Specialized Experience is defined as: experience gathering, analyzing and evaluating information concerning specific economic factors, energy market conditions or energy industrial practices; experience in using statistical analysis software to research, implement, or evaluate statistical methods; researching, analyzing, interpreting, evaluating and performing well precedented statistical surveys; selecting and modifying appropriate methods of operations, analyzing and interpreting results and preparing reports.
Three years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. Degree
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-09) in the Federal service. Specialized Experience is defined as: experience in performing statistical work, applying statistical theories, techniques, and methods to quantified information; experience in using statistical analysis software to identify significant variables and underlying relationships; planning, designing and conducting of tests to obtain and validate information; or documenting analyses, purposes, methods, assumptions and collusions of projects in technical reports, professional papers, or oral reports.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- Knowledge of and skill in applying a wide-range of complex analytical, mathematical, statistical theories, principles and practices sufficient to evaluate information concerning specific economic factors, energy market conditions, or energy industrial practices.
- Knowledge of standard methods and techniques used in mathematical statistical analyses studies.
- Ability to design and conduct tests to obtain and validate studies.
- Skill in utilizing databases to accomplish projects, plans, and reports.
- Skill in written and oral communication sufficient to present information on the scope methods ans results of studies.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
A. Degree: that included 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, of which at least 12 semester hours were in mathematics and 6 semester hours were in statistics.
B. Combination of education and experience -- at least 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, including at least 12 hours in mathematics and 6 hours in statistics, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Courses acceptable toward meeting the mathematics course requirement of paragraphs A or B above must have included at least four of the following: differential calculus, integral calculus, advanced calculus, theory of equations, vector analysis, advanced algebra, linear algebra, mathematical logic, differential equations, or any other advanced course in mathematics for which one of these was a prerequisite. Courses in mathematical statistics or probability theory with a prerequisite of elementary calculus or more advanced courses will be accepted toward meeting the mathematics requirements, with the provision that the same course cannot be counted toward both the mathematics and the statistics requirement.
Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
- The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- If you believe that you are eligible for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), please visit the OPM ICTAP/CTAP website for more information. In order to be considered under the ICTAP program, your application must score within the pre-established "well qualified" category as stated in the Qualifications section.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
- Position is included in a bargaining unit.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Reasonable_Accommodation_Policy_Statement
Veterans Information: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Veterans_Information
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Department of Energy uses an application tracking system to evaluate the responses you provide in the applicant assessment questionnaire to place you into an initial quality category via OPM's Category Rating procedures. Then, the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will conduct a quality review of your application and supporting documentation to ensure you have been placed into the appropriate quality category.
Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (when applicable), and training as described in your resume and applicant assessment. Your credentials are measured against the established duties of the position at the grade level(s) being advertised.
The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified", and "Qualified", although they may differ slightly based on individual agency policy.
If you are a Veteran Preference eligible candidate, you will be listed at the top of whichever quality category your rating places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.
To preview questions please click here.