Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Your application will be evaluated on the following Core Competencies:
- Decision Making
- Organizational Performance Analysis
- Manages and Organizes Information
- Capacity Management
- Oral Communication
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translate directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualification Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on OPM's website at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/.
In addition to the specialized experience required, all applicants must also meet the following basic education requirements:
A bachelor's or higher degree which included 15 semester hours in statistics (or in mathematics and statistics, provided at least 6 semester hours were in statistics), and 9 additional semester hours in one or more of the following: physical or biological sciences, medicine, education, or engineering; or in the social sciences including demography, history, economics, social welfare, geography, international relations, social or cultural anthropology, health sociology, political science, public administration, psychology, etc. Credit is given for courses in which 50 percent of the course content appears to be statistical methods, e.g., courses that included studies in research methods in psychology or economics such as tests and measurements or business cycles, or courses in methods of processing mass statistical data such as tabulating methods or electronic data processing.
You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable, all materials must be submitted by the closing date of this announcement.
The education must be from an accredited school. Accredited Schools
Foreign Education: Education completed outside the United States must have been evaluated by an accredited organization. Accredited Organizations
All education claimed by applicants will be verified.
- Current federal employees must meet Time-In-Grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- EEOC will not pay travel, transportation and relocation expenses.
- You may be required to travel and you may be required to apply for a government travel card.
- A background investigation is required and continued employment is contingent on completion of that process to determine suitability for federal employment.
- This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position.
- Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.
Applicants applying under Merit Promotion procedures will be rated in accordance with the Merit Staffing plan of EEOC. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement. If you are minimally qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.