SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (APPLICATIONS SOFTWARE)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position less than 5% annually.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the next lower grade or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Examples of specialized experience are:
You may qualify at the GS-14 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector that demonstrates applying a mastery knowledge of advanced principles and practices of Software Systems Integration and Engineering Support to include concepts and application of Information Technology (IT) elements through life cycle management activities of Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS), Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and internally developed systems in support of an agency's or company's standards and policies. Specialized experience must reflect the following: 1) Assist in preparing complex milestones such as multiple implementation plans, presentations, and maintenance plans; 2) Design and develop applications to include technical guidance to customer users; 3) Make recommendations for new hardware or software to enhance operations; and 4) Resolve discrepancies related to IT requirements for resources, funds, facilities, contracts, equipment, supplies, or other supporting services.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
In addition to the specialized experience individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - Meticulous; thoroughly reviews and proofreads various IT related data/information; dedicates focus to accomplish tasks that are complete, precise, and accurate to a given IT situation.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive IT services or IT products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess IT needs, provide expert technical information or assistance, resolve fairly complex or non-routine problems, or satisfy expectations; knowledge of available products and services; committed to providing quality IT products and services.
3. Communication - Expresses technical information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing presentations; listens to others, recognizes potential miscommunication, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies IT related problems using a variety of materials or sources; gathers and applies technical information to determine accuracy and relevance to moderately complex problems; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives; makes decisions or recommendations that influence IT policies or programs and applies new developments to previously unresolved problems.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA): To be eligible for a VEOA appointment under Merit Promotion procedures, you must be a preference eligible or a Veteran separated after 3 years or more of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement: http://www.eeoc.gov/federal/index.cfm
Employment Information Resources - Resource Center: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Main_Page
Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities: For more information on noncompetitive appointment authority eligibility requirements:
- Person with Disabilities - Schedule A
- Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
- Special Hiring Authorities for Certain Military Spouses
- Other Special Appointment Authorities
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your résumé and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Application Software, Information Technology Life Cycle Management, Information Technology System Design, and Managing Human Resources