Staff Fellow Aquaculture Biologist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
A degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position OR a combination of education and experience. Coursework equivalent to a major, as shown above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Staff Fellow Biologist, RG-0401-00 (equivalent to GS-9)
For the GS-9 level, you must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level in the Federal service in microbiological and molecular procedures, and in aquatic animal husbandry, handling and necropsy OR two years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree. Volunteer experience can be used as qualifying experience. If qualifying based on experience, the experience above must be reflected in your resume.
Staff Fellow Biolologist, RG-0401-00 (equivalent to GS-11)
For the GS-9 level, you must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level in the Federal service in microbiological and molecular procedures, and in aquatic animal husbandry, handling and necropsy OR three years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree. Volunteer experience can be used as qualifying experience. If qualifying based on experience, the experience above must be reflected in your resume.
This position will be filled through FDA's Staff Fellowship program. The appointment is for two years with opportunities for renewal.
This is an Excepted Service position under Title 42. Applications will be accepted from qualified US Citizens or permanent residents. No previous Federal experience is required. This appointment does not confer any entitlement to conversion to a position in the competitive service and no entitlement to Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) appeals rights.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
The official duty station for this position is in Laurel, Maryland.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For more information about this requirement, please visit the U.S. Department of Education website for Foreign Education Evaluation.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- If you are serving, or have served in the last 5 years (from 06/28/2018) as an Executive Branch political, Schedule C, or Non-career SES appointee, HHS/FDA may be required to obtain approval by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) prior to beginning employment. You can find out if you have held one of these appointment types by looking at your Standard Form 50s in your Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF), in Section 5 where the legal authorities are listed. If you have served or are currently serving, you must provide a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, documenting this appointment. In addition, you will be required to respond to the question in the assessment and certify your responses to the questionnaire. Political Appointee FAQ - OPM
- Incentives may be authorized; however, this is contingent upon funds availability. If authorized, certain incentives will require you to sign a service agreement to remain in the Federal government for a period of up to 3 years. Note: This statement does not imply nor guarantee an incentive will be offered and paid. Incentives include the following: moving expenses, recruitment or relocation incentive; student loan repayment, superior qualifications appointment, creditable service for annual leave for prior non-federal work experience or prior uniformed military service, etc.
- Pre-Employment Physical: No
- Drug Testing Requirement: No
- License Requirement: No
- Immunization Requirement: No
- Mobility Agreement Required: No
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- Veteran's Preference: If you plan to apply for any time of Veterans Preference, please pay careful attention to the "Required Documents" section for more information about what to provide in your application. USAJOBS Veterans Site.
- Selective Service Registration: Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. You can learn more by visiting the Selective Service Registration site.
- Schedule A: If you plan to apply under Schedule A based on a disability, please pay careful attention to the "Required Documents" section for more information about what to provide in your application. Disability Employment
- Inter-agency and Career Transition Assistance Programs: If you are a displaced Federal employee and plan to apply under CTAP or ICTAP, please pay careful attention to the "Required Documents" section for more information about what to provide in your application. Workforce Restructuring.
- Financial disclosure statement, OGE-450, required: No
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes (at 11:59 pm ET on 06/28/2018), a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be conducted, the information will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your eligibility for Federal employment, and then whether or not you are qualified for this particular position.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, you may be deemed ineligible or your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities.
Qualification determinations will be based on the information provided in your application and the requirements of the position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Structured Interviews: Applicants may be asked scenario-based interview questions concerning core competencies.
Method/tools used to evaluate applicants: work samples, conducting a presentation, reference checks, tests may be used.
? To preview the application assessment questions, use the link below: