Program Support Assistant
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Time-In-Grade Requirement: Applicants who are current Federal employees and have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement. For a GS-6 position you must have served 52 weeks at the GS-5. The grade may have been in any occupation, but must have been held in the Federal service. An SF-50 that shows your time-in-grade eligibility must be submitted with your application materials. Note: Time-In-Grade requirements also apply to former Federal employees applying for reinstatement as well as current employees applying for Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) appointment.
You may qualify based on your experience as described below:
- Specialized Experience: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade GS-5 in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Examples of specialized experience would typically include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and provides administrative support to clinical care program team members
- Creating reports to improve internal and external reviews
- Utilization of various Microsoft software, Adobe program, copier, fax, scanners
- Reviews patents records for pre-referral service request
- Manage registration scheduling of travel, and hoptel/fisher house request
- Coordinates, tracks all activities in referring combat veterans with outpatient care
- Conducts special studies identifying improve customer service processes of quality of service
There is no educational substitution at this grade level however graduate education may be credited in those few instances where the graduate education is directly related to the work of the position
A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
You will be rated on the following Competencies for this position:
- Computer Skills
- Conflict Management
- Customer Service
- Provide administrative support for clinical team
- Communicate and understand the sensitively and special needs of patient verbally and in writing
- Effectively deal with conflicts, and problems solving using tact, courtesy and diplomacy
- Utilize various Microsoft software
- Collect and input data for review and analysis
- Ability to crate and produce both printed and electronic materials for assessment in a clinical setting
- Create reports to be used for improvement both internal and external reviews
Note: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary typically the employee sits comfortable to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, carrying light items such as papers, books, small parts, or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
There is no educational substitution at this grade level.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online on boarding process.
For more information on the "Who may apply" eligibility requirements, please refer to the OHRM Status Candidates and Other Candidate Definitions document.
If you are unable to apply online view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Narrative responses are not required at this time. If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview.Your resume and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.