Administrative Support Specialist III
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Academic Program Coordinator
The Arts Management (AMGT) program, within the College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA), invites applicants only for a dependable and well-organized Academic Program Coordinator to provide daily office management, and faculty and student support in our office on the Arlington campus. The Academic Program Coordinator is a full-time position, and will report directly to the Program Director. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Academic Program Coordinator will work closely with the Program Director; and the staff, faculty and students of the AMGT program. This individual will be responsible for basic office administrative tasks, as well as providing support to faculty, staff and students, including office management, course scheduling, student enrollment, and student administrative support from admission through graduation. This position will also raise the visibility of the Arts Management program, will familiarize accepted students with the program, and build relationships and development opportunities with and for AMGT alumni and the general public. A successful candidate will have a professional demeanor; be a self-starter who can work and solve problems independently; be very reliable and responsible; be deadline-oriented, flexible and creative.
Responsibilties: The position is responsible for office administration such as purchasing supplies; answering phone and e-mail inquiries, and directing them to relevant program individuals; scheduling requests; processing reimbursement forms; and working with CVPA on maintaining financial records. Additional duties include:
- Maintain and occasionally archive departmental records, including database of AMGT students and alumni;
- Support full-time and adjunct faculty with book orders, scheduling requests, travel requests and administrative needs;
- Provide support to students and serve as primary staff liaison for the Graduate Arts Management Society;
- Maintain effective communication with faculty, staff and students, including oversight of the weekly newsletter;
- Generate and process student, faculty and staff forms;
- Facilitate admissions process with Admissions committee, including scheduling interviews and working closely with Academic Affairs;
- Monitor program enrollment and work with Program Director and Academic Advisor to generate semester schedules.
- Implement and maintain an online and print presence to raise visibility of the AGMT program; and
- Oversee the creation of relevant promotional materials and coordinate outreach for prospective and accepted students. The incumbent will represent the AMGT program at recruitment events where relevant, and will also be closely involved with alumni outreach and program planning for current students and alumni.
- Bachelors degree, preferably with a background in arts related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills;
- Well-organized with ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work with confidential information such as student records;
- Team player with a willingness to collaborate and work closely with diverse faculty, staff, and students;
- Ability to learn new software and university procedures;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Mac OSX;
- Must be available occasionally on weekends, early mornings and evenings for events with sufficient prior notice
- Knowledge of contemporary marketing techniques and social media fluency; and
- Significant experience in administrative office management and project management.
- Masterâ€™s degree in Arts Management, Business Administration, or Higher Education from an accredited US institution;
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Involvement with student recruitment and/or alumni affairs and strong intercultural communication skills highly desirable; and
- Experience with Ellucian Banner, PatriotWeb, eVA (the commonwealth of Virginiaâ€™s electronic procurement system), and other Mason databases and services.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02655z at http://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-05-31