The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) seeks a highly motivated and high performing Executive Assistant. This is a great opportunity for a committed team player to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
NNEDV is a social change organization dedicated to creating a social, political and economic environment in which violence against women no longer exists. NNEDV advocates for laws, policies and funding to address domestic violence; and provides training, technical assistance, education, and support to 1) state domestic violence coalitions, 2) local domestic violence, sexual violence and stalking programs, 3) transitional housing programs, and 4) the general public.
NNEDV is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to support our Executive Team (the CEO & two Vice Presidents) in a timely and professional manner. Sample duties include scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, organizing daily calendars, assisting with follow-up after meetings, and supporting the Board of Directors. To be successful in this role, you should be proactive, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively. Our ideal candidate has several years of experience as an Executive Assistant supporting VP or CEO level management.
While working most closely with the Executive Team, the Executive Assistant will also be part of the Finance and Administrative Team and will coordinate, collaborate, and assist when other Admin team members are out of office.
- Scheduling and maintaining calendars for two Vice Presidents and the CEO.
- Providing support to Executive Team members as needed and as requested.
- Planning and preparing materials for presentations, meetings, and conference calls.
- Providing support for high-level meetings, including scheduling, agendas, minutes, and tracking of follow-up assignments.
- Managing electronic and paper files.
- Partnering with other administrative staff and departments to ensure seamless running of the organization.
- Helping manage and track email and other correspondence with external stakeholders.
- Supporting external relationship management to enable the Executive Team to cultivate, facilitate and manage key relationships with members, allies, funders, and elected officials.
- Providing strategic management and oversight of the Executive Team members’ calendars with prioritization and efficiency.
- Providing administrative support related to business travel, including reservations, itineraries, logistical support, and expenses.
- Undertaking light research tasks, including background information for externals meetings and presentations.
- Planning and organizing quarterly meetings of the Board of Directors and its committees including preparation of meeting materials, correspondence, catering, meeting logistics, and note taking.
- Upholding a strict level of confidentiality.
- Helping cover other Admin Team member tasks when they are out of office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of experience as an Executive Assistant supporting Vice President or CEO level management.
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills with ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and workflows.
- Commitment to the organization's mission.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, including a strong grasp of grammar, punctuation, and copy editing.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with MS Office (particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience in a relevant area.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- 4 to 6 years (or more) of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management.
- Familiar with non-profit environments.
- Experience with social justice work.
This position offers a flexible and collegial working environment in our offices off Thomas Circle in downtown Washington, DC, near McPherson Square Metro (blue/orange lines). Some local travel to meetings required.
Please combine the following documents into one PDF: (1) cover letter outlining executive-level support experience, (2) resume, and (3) salary expectations, and email to Cindy Southworth, Executive Vice President, at ExecAssistantJob@nnedv.org. Applications that do not contain all of the required items will not be considered. Please also paste the content of your cover letter into the body of the email. Applications received before May 15th will be given priority; however, the position will remain open until filled. No U.S. mail or faxes please.
Anticipated Salary Range:
The candidate will start in one of the below levels, based on qualifications & experience:
- Coordinator: $40,000 - $55,000 annually (2+ years relevant Exec. Assistant experience)
- Senior Coordinator: $50,000 - $65,000 annually (4+ years relevant Exec. Assistant experience)
- Specialist: $60,000 - $75,000 annually (6+ years relevant Exec. Assistant experience)
NNEDV pays the entire cost of each employee’s Health (HMO Plan), Dental, Life, and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurances. NNEDV contributes 3% to each employee’s 401k retirement plan (no match required). NNEDV also provides 17 paid holidays (including the last full week of each year), three weeks of annual leave, and 10 days of sick leave each year. NNEDV also offers vision insurance at a nominal cost.
NNEDV is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage your application to join our highly accomplished team! Learn more about NNEDV at www.nnedv.org
Apply for Executive Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly