Head, Information Technology
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a dynamic and innovative Head, Information Technology to provide leadership to a capable and service-oriented IT team that provides services to the Institute’s approximately 600 employees based globally. The successful candidate will responsible for the management, strategy and execution of IFPRI’s IT services infrastructure; managing IFPRI’s technology operations and ensuring compliance with standard and industry regulations. This is a 1-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment that will report to the Director of Finance and Administration and is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, D.C.
- Provide management and leadership to the IT team ensuring efficient and effective functioning of all aspects of IT operations
- Oversee all technology operations, IT policies and systems to support the objectives and principles relating to the use of technology within IFPRI
- Build relationships with other CGIAR Centers IT heads and use shared ICT services and innovations where applicable
- Provide guidance and oversight of IT infrastructure to the field offices to ensure consistency with organizational standards and security protocols
- Develop and implement IFPRI’s IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, organizational standards and procurement
- Develop a training and management framework to protect IT, data availability, privacy and integrity, including developing and executing security plans
- Review network security controls, identify potential threats and weakness and measure performance utilization
- Offer innovative technology solutions
- Collaborate and coordinate with other service units (Facilities, Communications, HR, etc.) in performing integrated functions
- Create and manage annual IT budget including capital equipment plan
- Negotiate contracts with service providers to obtain the best value and cost savings for the services obtained
- Participate in F&A and Operations group meetings, sharing IT-related updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer/IT technical field plus eighteen years of relevant professional experience or master’s degree plus fifteen years
- Eight years of managing IT operations preferably for an international nonprofit
- Broad technical knowledge and understanding of emerging IT trends
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT, including data protection and privacy
- Demonstrated trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems
- Experience providing “hands-on” IT support
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Experience managing external partners and vendors
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues and end-users
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas in user-friendly language in a diverse multicultural working environment
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
- Experience with Office 365, Active Directory, and Skype for Business
- Experience supporting internal events (workshops; seminars; and various productions)
- Experience in an international/non-profit organization.
IFPRI provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition. IFPRI’s strategic research aims to foster a climate-resilient and sustainable food supply; promote healthy diets and nutrition for all; build inclusive and efficient markets, trade systems, and food industries; transform agricultural and rural economies; and strengthen institutions and governance. Gender is integrated in all the Institute’s work. Partnerships, communications, capacity strengthening, and data and knowledge management are essential components to translate IFPRI’s research from action to impact. The Institute’s regional and country programs play a critical role in responding to demand for food policy research and in delivering holistic support for country-led development. IFPRI collaborates with partners around the world and is a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We encourage women and developing country professionals to apply.
Please complete the online application and provide a complete resume, detailed letter of interest, and 3 references. For more information about IFPRI, please visit our websites at www.ifpri.org. EOE