Occasional travel - Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft in performance of TDY
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience at the GS-13 level which includes applying theory, concepts, principles, and practices of budgeting and financial management sufficient to conduct difficult assignments involving interfaces and inter-relationships between and among programs, systems, functions and policies; formulate budget estimates; develop, consolidate or edit budget justifications and reports; developing and rendering authoritative interpretations of complex legislative and regulatory policy guidance in order to assess the impact of such legislation/policies; analyzing program budgetary relationships to prepare, present, and monitor the execution of the budget
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-13 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-14 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Expert knowledge of all phases of the Federal budget process in order to formulate budget estimates for the president's Budget and Program Budget Review.
2. Expert knowledge of the budget processes and strategies of budget presentation in order to: (a) develop, consolidate, or edit budget justifications and reports; (b) serve as an authoritative technical advisor to senior functional managers by developing and rendering authoritative interpretations of complex legislative and regulatory policy guidance in order to assess the impact of such legislation/policies on the budget and programs; and (c) prepare and present both formal and informal presentations.
3. Mastery of the mission, budgetary program goals/objectives, and legislative history so that budgetary policies can be developed to implement program goals nationwide and to determine how they affect the programs and budgets of other components, State governmental agencies, and occasionally, other federal agencies (e.g., FAA, Coast Guard).
4. Expert skill in analyzing program-budgetary relationship to prepare, present, and monitor the execution of the budget; skill must demonstrate consistency in the treatment of all interests as well as meeting short and long-term financial goals.
5. Detailed knowledge of the budgetary activities of units and functional managers in order to review, edit, and/or approve budget requests submitted by those organizations and to formulate budgetary policies that merge and recognize the realities of units' operations with legislative and regulatory guidance/intent. Exercises tact, discretion, and judgment in making budgetary commitments in negotiations with functional managers, analysts, and Congressional staff members.
6. A high degree of skill in analyzing and comparing cost benefit ratios of alternative budgetary and program actions. This skill is necessary to determine cost benefit trade-offs between the various programs within the President's Budget. Expert skill in developing plans to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency in achieving program and budgetary goals. Such plans include timetables for the allocation and distribution of funds and schedules for the obligation and expenditure of funds in support of all programs within the President's Budget.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities (click "Learn more about this agency" button above) to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" or equivalent eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Incentives: SCD Credit: A newly appointed or reappointed employee may receive service credit for prior work experience or active duty uniformed service that otherwise would not be creditable for the purpose of determining his or her annual leave accrual rate. All creditable service must be directly related to the duties of the position being filled and decisions to allow for such credit must be finalized prior to the selectee's entrance on duty.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Secret