Senior Level, Chief Architect for Solutions (DEU)
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes A relocation and/or recruitment incentive may be authorized.
You will be required upon selection to submit an OGE-278 Financial Disclosure Form within 30 days of your start date.To meet the minimum requirements for this position, candidates must have significant experience in all seven of the following areas to include at least 7 years of experience as a software developer and 7+ years of experience as a system/solution architect. This experience should be indicated within your resume and answers to the Specialized Experience Questions.
- Experience in software development using modern technologies, service oriented and web solutions, AND
- Experience architecting and managing enterprise software system development / deployment targeted toward high availability, instrumented production environments including virtual and cloud environments, AND
- Experience in architectures for large scale data analysis, AND
- Experience in Agile project delivery methodology of software products for rapid deployment, AND
- Experience in artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies and architectures, AND
- Developing and delivering technical requirement specifications and architectural documents, AND
- Enterprise level experience in architecting capacity and performance, and tuning issues for large scale software systems.
Your answers to the Professional Technical Qualifications and Resume must demonstrate the below experience in order to move forward in the recruitment process. Please be sure to provide narrative responses to all questions. Do not write "See Resume".
- Demonstrated work experience as a Software Architect – (defined as an Enterprise Architect, Solution/Project Architect, Business Architect, Information Architect, Application Architect, Technology Architect, and/or Information Technology Architect) – designing and delivering several large and highly complex production quality software systems focused on N-Tier architectures in distributed systems with large databases and high transaction throughput.
- Demonstrated work experience designing and delivering high availability architecture; (i.e. a system design approach that ensures a prearranged level of operational performance will be met during a contractual measurement period (e.g. systems that are required to operate continuously).
- Hands-on enterprise level experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design, web service solutions with emphasis on capacity and performance and tuning issues for large-scale software systems; and enterprise level experience estimating capacity and development work effort needed for IT tasks.
- Enterprise level experience reviewing, analyzing and evaluating business requirements and user needs including working with business owners to ensure clarity and understanding of technical requirements that will meet the needs of the business.
Applicants applying for this position must be a United States Citizen.
If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System. If you are exempt from registration under Selective Service Law, you must provide appropriate proof of exemption. Please visit the Selective Service System website for more information
This is a Public Trust position and has a risk level designation of "moderate".
You will be required to submit an OGE 278 Financial Disclosure Form upon appointment.
A relocation and/or recruitment incentive may be authorized.
Background Investigation - If selected for this position, you may be required to complete a Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306), which includes a fingerprint and credit check, to determine your suitability for Federal employment and to authorize a background investigation.
The USPTO participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please visit http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/gc_1185221678150.shtm
Probationary Period- If selected, you may be required to complete an initial one-year probationary period.
All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choice.
Individuals who have special priority selection rights under the Agency Career Transaction Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) will be eligible if it is determined that they have exceeded the minimum qualifications for the position by attaining a minimum rating of 85 out of 100. Information about CTAP/ICTAP eligibility is on the Office of Personnel Management's Career Transition Resources website at: http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp. CTAP/ICTAP documentation requirements are listed in the 'Required Documents' section of this announcement.
All application materials become the property of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
The United States Patent and Trademark Office is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors. If you believe that you have been discriminated against and would like to file an EEO complaint, you must do so within 45 days of the date of the alleged discriminatory act. Claims of employment discrimination must be submitted to the attention of the USPTO’s Office of Equal Employment Opportunity & Diversity via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (571-272-8292).
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to be considered for this position you must demonstrate in your application package that you meet the minimum specialized experience as defined under the "Qualifications" section, answer the Professional Technical Qualifications (PTQs), and submit a detailed resume that supports your answers to the PTQs and specialized experience.
Your responses to the PTQs and resume will be evaluated by a Human Resources Specialist and/or a subject matter expert. Falsifying your background, education, and/or experience is cause for not hiring you or for changing your scored responses to questions you've answered, which may affect your overall final score. Please note that a complete application is required for consideration. (Please review the "Required Documents" section of this job announcement to see what must be included in a complete application).
To preview questions please click here.