Education Support Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Anticipated starting salary is low $40s
Web Announcement :
Graduate Program Coordinator
The George Mason University Department of Psychology is seeking an enthusiastic and customer service-oriented applicant to serve as Graduate Program Coordinator. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide graduate admissions support as the liaison between the Program Directors and the College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS) Graduate Admissions Office, which includes tracking file status, decision status, and providing updates to faculty;
- Provide graduation support by helping to create/troubleshoot degree audits with the University Registrar, and filing of necessary paperwork;
- Provide support for and assist in coordinating with Program Directors on the annual catalog revision process;
- Provide Program Coordinator support in the facilitation of their respective degree programs;
- Edit and provide feedback on all degree and concentration handbooks to assure compliance with university, college, department and concentration policies and procedures;
- Organize and plan the annual new graduate student summer orientation, and assist with various admissions/recruiting open houses;
- Maintain all psychology graduate hard copy and electronic files in accordance with all federal/state laws and American Psychological Association (APA) guidelines;
- Maintain and process forms needed by students and faculty, and assist the Associate Chair of Graduate Programs; and
- Assist with various accreditation processes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Motivated self-starter;
- High level of excellent customer service skills;
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Ability to work both in a team environment and individually with little supervision;
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills; and
- A bachelorâ€™s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with student advising;
- Experience with event planning;
- Experience with recruitment or marketing in person and through social media;
- A masterâ€™s degree or acceptance to a graduate program; and
- Working knowledge of the admissions process and applicable software (i.e., Ellucian Banner).
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00261z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :