Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The Office of the Senior Vice President invites applicants for an experienced, highly organized Executive Scheduler to serve as the lead on planning, coordination, management and execution of high-profile meetings, programs and events supporting a senior executive-level office. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Department: The Office of the Senior Vice President provides leadership and guidance to support and achieve the financial and administrative mission for George Mason University. The Senior Vice Presidentâ€™s Office plays a crucial and high-profile role within the universityâ€™s governing board, the Board of Visitors.
Responsibilities: The Executive Scheduler will provide daily support for the Senior Vice President. The support includes managing calendars (meetings, events and travel); performing routine office management (answering main office phone, managing electronic communication, and maintaining confidential files); supporting events; and providing support to, and collaborating with, other administrative staff. The successful candidate will also cross-train some job functions with office colleagues to assure appropriate office coverage at all times. Some level of schedule flexibility may be occasionally required to accommodate the officeâ€™s events or initiatives.
- Acknowledge and prioritize requests, and schedule and manage the calendar for a high-level, high-demand individual;
- Receive and interpret requests for appointments, and prioritize and recognize what needs the Senior Vice Presidentâ€™s personal attention;
- Manage, schedule, publicize and evaluate various events hosted by the Senior Vice President;
- Act as conduit of information, data and feedback between the Senior Vice President and her staff;
- Make travel arrangements, accommodation reservations, and outside appointments as necessary; and
- Work closely with other members of the Senior Vice Presidentâ€™s team to make sure that correspondence, programs, activities and events are well-conceived, managed and executed.
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced executive office;
- Extensive experience with executive calendar management;
- Professional demeanor with excellent organizational and prioritizing skills;
- Exceptional computer and technical skills including MS Outlook;
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks accurately under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills including the ability to work effectively with, and relate well to, staff and external constituents at all levels of the university;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently; and
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and
- Experience in a higher education setting.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-05-25