OPERATIONS RESEARCH ANALYST
5 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Professional and Scientific Positions to include the Individual Occupational
Requirements (IOR) for the GS-1515, Operations Research Series.
Degree: in operations research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics,
mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
**Transcripts must be included with application to determine eligibility**
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have 1 year at the GS-12 level or equivalent. Specialized experience must include working in one or more specialized areas of operation research sufficient to apply new analytical developments, methodologies, and research findings to broad studies of an unprecedented nature. Researches techniques and concomitant ability to obtain information concerning subject studies to perform sound analyses. Coordinating extensive projects in assigned areas of responsibility. Projects are characterized by high visibility, unusual urgency, or program criticality. Identifying the significant variables and determine their underlying relationships. Administer and use advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of operations research and related sciences and disciplines. Design, build, and use very complex, sophisticated models to simulate real-world environments of many variables.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a broad range of operations research analysis techniques and possession of analytical abilities.
2. Knowledge of quantitative techniques and methods used to develop, adapt, modify, and apply models to resolve problems or define and
clarify alternative solutions.
3. Skill to negotiate and/or defend findings and program support concepts.
4. Ability to lead study teams and focus groups; originate new ideas, projects, and methodologies; and execute projects and/or studies within established financial and/or time constraints.
5. Ability to develop and utilize appropriate data collection techniques and design, build, and use models and simulation techniques.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; negotiate complex issues; and maintain good working relations
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
BASIS OF RATING:
Your application will be rated under the Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which the quality, depth, and complexity of your experience and education relate to the qualifications requirement. Additional points are not added for Veteran's Preference; however, Veteran Preference is still applied.
Category 3, Best Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements.
Category 2, Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements.
Category 1, Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire. The numeric rating you received is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Secret