Maintenance Worker Supervisor
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- You may be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. Prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year thereafter (or more frequently if management determines such need exists), you will be required to sign an affidavit certifying to your possession of a valid State issued driver's license that is current and has not been revoked, suspended, canceled, or otherwise disqualified in any way to prohibit your operation of a motor vehicle. You will also submit a photocopy of your valid State issued driver's license prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year, or more frequently if management determines such need exists.
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and shift work.
- Ability to Lead or Supervise (SCREEN OUT)
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Technical Practices
- Use of Measuring Instruments
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc.
- Ability to Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Materials
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no substitution of education for experience for Wage Grade (WG) positions.
This announcement may be used to fill additional positions if identical vacancies occur within 90 days of the issue date of the referral certificate.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document that you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. Click the following link for more information, https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors or omissions may affect your rating.
You will be evaluated on the following competencies and/or job elements:
- Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprints reading)
- Ability To Lead Or Supervise
- Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation Repair, etc.
- Knowledge of materials
- Technical Practices (theoretical precise, artistic)
- Use of Measuring Instruments