Graduate Document Center Assistant
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : $12.00 per hour
Web Announcement :
Graduate Document Center Assistant
The George Mason University Office of Admissions is seeking a highly motivated and versatile individual for a part-time position as a Graduate Document Center Assistant. Reporting directly to the Document Center Manager, this position serves as a great opportunity for applicants that are current graduate students at George Mason University.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The primary duties of this position are very structured, repetitive and desk-based. Some light lifting may be required. Duties in detail include:
- Opening, sorting, and screening mail;
- Scanning, indexing, filing, and shredding documents;
- Ensure all documents are accurate and adheres to specific standards;
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Handling of time sensitive and confidential documents;
- Maintaining logs and reports;
- Participate in cross-functional training; and
- Accountable to, collaborate with, and maintains regular communication with the Document Center Manager.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Possess strong professional written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be detail-oriented;
- Must be reliable, responsible and self-motivates.
- Experience in multitasking in a deadline-driven environment;
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to frequent changes;
- Possess strong organizational skills;
- Exhibit strong work ethic and exceptional professionalism;
- Ability to handle confidential information with the highest levels of discretion; and
- Ability to shift from independent work to group projects.
- Previous imaging/indexing experience from the financial or medical sectors;
- Experience with data entry;
- Background in Information Technology preferred;
- Prior experience with Ellucian Banner, Hobson Radius, and Salesforce preferred; and
- Cash handling experience.
Normal business hours are Monday through Thursday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some Saturday hours may be required from November to March. Positions are based on an hourly wage with no benefits.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG1327 at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :