Strength and Conditioning Coach
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Up to $35,000; commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Strength and Conditioning Coach
The Intercollegiate Athletics Department at George Mason University, an NCAA Division I institution and a member of the Atlantic 10 athletic conference, is seeking qualified applicants for a Strength and Conditioning Coach position (full-time, 12-month administrative professional). George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with all phases of the Division I Strength and Conditioning Program, including:
- Facility scheduling;
- Fiscal management;
- Alumni and community relations;
- Practice and game day coaching; and
- Compliance with NCAA and Atlantic 10 Conference rules and regulations;
- As a member of the Frank Pettrone Center for Sports Performance, working in coordination with the other domains (Nutrition, Science, Sports Medicine, and Psychology) of the center, as well as coordination with sport coaches; and
- Providing supervision of interns and volunteers.
- Must have an advanced degree or training and work experience at a level that equates to an advanced degree;
- Weight training certification as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS);
- Demonstrated experience as a weight/strength coach at the university, NCAA or professional-level (a minimum of one year of experience is strongly desired); and
- Experience in general maintenance and repair of a weight room.
Special Instructions : Applicants must apply for position number FA65Dz at http://jobs.gmu.edu by May 31, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information (at least one reference must be a current or former supervisor). This position is subject to a criminal background check.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-05-18