Staff Accountant (1095-679)
Summary of the Position:
The Staff Accountant position is a hands-on non-supervisory professional position responsible for performing a wide range of general accounting tasks that span month end close, audit work, user acceptance testing (UAT) involvement, documenting policies and procedures, and getting involved in strengthening internal controls.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for domestic month end close processing activities such as: calculating and preparing journal entries, uploading and posting journal entries into Oracle, etc.
- Responsible for post month end close activities such as: account reconciliations, variance analysis, cost center reporting, etc.
- Participates in annual interim review and annual year-end audit by preparing PBC’s and working directly with external auditors as needed.
- Participates in ad hoc QA process reviews/targeted audits as needed.
- Participates in periodic UAT for Oracle patches/upgrades/migrations & tests peripheral systems simultaneously.
- Business partners with departments organization wide in order to gain USP business acumen and facilitate accounting needs.
- Documents policies and procedures in an effort to maintain and enhance internal controls.
- Functions as the primary back up and support for ad hoc roles as assigned by management.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive accounting experience in a US GAAP environment
- Current CPA and/or CPA seeking
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Excel/Word/ PowerPoint)
- Experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite, HyperionPlanning and Reporting and OBIEE
- Solid understanding of financial statements and related component parts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with an elevated attention to detail
- Cooperative interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a diverse population at all levels
- Ability to work proactively and independently as well as in a team environment in a fast paced high growth atmosphere
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular