Director, Product Management - Media
7 days left
- Full Time
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Responsible for leadership and product management of Intelsat's Media Products and Services. The position will provide leadership to the Product Management organization including establish KPIs to guide active management of the business; providing pricing guidance for new and existing services; providing space segment capacity guidance; lifecycle management of satellite and terrestrial product and service offerings; develop Go to Market plans for new products and services; and support and manage sales activities to meet business plan targets.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- This position requires ITAR access; you must be a US Citizen, Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or similar discipline. MBA preferred.
- At least fifteen (15) years of hands on Product Management experience in a business to business environment, with managed telecommunications services, cloud services or media experience highly preferred (or an advanced degree with thirteen (13) years of relevant experience as described).
- A proven track record in Product Management in a business to business environment, with media, managed telecommunications services, or cloud services experience strongly preferred.
- Technical proficiency to successfully collaborate with Engineering on the development milestones and service documentation.
- Solid understanding of business and financial concepts.
- Ability to analyze research and provide conclusions impacting product and business plans.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain and influence internal and customer working relationships at all levels.
- Experience in building and maintaining internal and external technical and, business relationships.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required, along with the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Business and technical knowledge of relevant Media eco-system components
- Knowledge of the Media industry across key verticals: cable distribution DTH, contribution, occasional use, over the top distribution.
- Leadership: Provide a positive leadership style that embeds a spirit of competitiveness and winning across the market vertical team: Work through others as an Enterprise Leader: Identify and build cross-functional relationships to drive strategic initiatives - must be a manager, not a “doer”; Make decisions: Move forward despite uncertainty and an enormous amount of potentially relevant information; Create a team culture of forward movement and accountability. Be a change agent: Set clear goals and KPIs. Drive resolution to issues as they arise. Analyze successes /failures to identify opportunities for improvement
- Financial Planning & Reporting: Manage the P&L for the Media vertical. Consistently look for growth in revenue and profitability: Create sector revenue plan with Sales and Marketing management for increased revenue and market-share; Support the commercialization of Media services in key strategic opportunities and customers. Create and implement capex and opex plans with Product Managers for the Intelsat services to be delivered in each market sector; Provide input into Intelsat fleet deployment planning to optimize capex spending; Lead monthly sales reviews to define success, performance gaps and action plans to exceed business plan targets.
- Product and Portfolio Management: Support the Media Product Development team through the definition of B2B customer use cases to drive service and feature-set development for new and existing products; Prioritize service requirements for support Organizations: Innovation, Product Development, Market Development, Network Engineering and Operations; Ensure development of coherent service strategy and pricing from Mhz to end-to-end service offerings. Partner with Product Marketing to ensure that accurate sales materials and collateral are available to drive business plan goals. Provide Subject Matter Expert level support to Global Sales and Customer Support Engineering (CSE) team on new product launches and strategic customer sales targets.
- Global and Regional Go-To-Market Plans: Develop and deploy (global and regional) go-to-market plans to enable sales to maximize focus and revenues: Deliver go-to-market plans for direct and partner sales via Product Managers and Product Marketing; Drive the continued development and use of key account plans in each market sector; Ensure clarity between direct, partnered and channel sales activities.
- Build and Manage the Product Management Team: Build a world class Product Management team by emphasizing the correct hiring, development and management of personnel: Identify and hire the right Product Management skills/talent; Partner with Global Sales and CSE leadership to develop the most effective customer engagement team for current and future services; Provide or recommend corrective plans where course correction is required. Utilize coaching as a key methodology to shape individual and team behaviors.
- Customer Relationships: Develop personal relationships with Intelsat top 10 clients in the Media sector.
- Key Relationships: Partner with the Global Sales VP and CSE global Director to field the best customer team; Lead and coach the Product Management teams; Ensure that Marketing team is delivering on Product, Regional and Channel actions/content; Partner with Intelsat FP&A team to develop 5 year plan along with P&L tracking and reporting; Provide product & operational priorities to Operations.
- Manage a portfolio of Media services to grow revenue and share in key customer segments.
- Provide tools for Sales to execute on Plan (Use Case / SLA / Proposal template / Presentation).
- Coordinate with Product Development and Innovation on New Product Development and Product Lifecycle Management.
- Manage launch of new products and services with support from Product Marketing, Global Sales and CSE organization.
- Manage portfolio of existing products and services through aggressive pricing strategy and capacity management activities.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.