Online Community Moderator
Independently facilitates the day-to-day operations of the web-based Learning Communities for the ANCC Programs. Serves as the primary point of contact for customers and vendors by providing customer service support. Ensures a safe and legal community environment, promotes excellent customer service, and in collaboration with the Director, ANCC Governance and Program Support, cultivates a strong community around the ANCC brand. Professionally represents the learning communities, ANCC, and the American Nurses Association to customers and the public at all times.
- Communicates general membership information to potential and existing customers via phone, email, web site, and in person at scheduled events. Proactively follows up with customers expressing interest through the ANCC’s web site. Facilitates membership contract processes. Generates invoices for memberships. Interfaces with the finance department to ensure healthcare organizations are charged appropriate membership fees and are invoiced correctly.
- Generates online login information for members via Personify database.
- Forwards login information to the organization’s designated contact and/or members. Updates and maintains all records, spreadsheets, and databases associated with membership. Serves as a primary contact point for healthcare organizations and/or members by providing technical customer service support.
- Reviews and moderates all user-generated content and user profiles. Engages members and fosters strong community spirit and contributes opportunities for community engagement. Scans online postings, communications, and news feeds for politically sensitive or inappropriate communications used via the site. Reviews web site content and consults with appropriate persons or groups for edits and/or clarification as necessary. Tests, implements, and provides feedback on new applications, products, and/or information added to the Learning Communities. Collaborates with staff to facilitate posts, advertise, and register customers for web-based educational activities. Posts and collates post-educational activity surveys and shares results with staff as directed.
- Collaborates with the platform development team (Higher Logic and Personify), ANA Information Technology (IT) department, internal content and program experts (i.e., all ANCC program staff, ANA marketing staff, and consultants), and external experts on project work and as required.
- Keeps abreast of current web-based industry standards, social media strategies, and trends in online communities. Identifies quality assurance opportunities for improvement of the online communities operations. Communicates pertinent industry information to the Director, ANCC Special Projects and Program Support and ANA IT staff as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Director, ANCC Governance and Program Support, develops and maintains ISO-related documentation and processes. Participates in performance improvement activities, ensuring ANCC’s Governance and Program Support department meets requirements for ongoing ISO registration and certification. Attends departmental and committee meetings and conference calls as requested.
- Produces and provides professionally prepared reports as requested. Engages in and becomes cross-trained in other functions of the Governance and Program Support division to ensure smooth and uninterrupted support for all ANCC social media applications. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Communications, Computer Science, Journalism, English, or Business or an equivalent level of professional experience in online communities, web content management, and/or social media.
Related Work Experience
Minimum of three years’ experience heavily involved with an online community, web content management, and/or social media venues. Must have demonstrated experience with concurrent task coordination with attention to detail. Direct customer service/customer support experience. Knowledge of credentialing, nursing, and/or healthcare industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of databases (Personify), webinar technology, web content management systems and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn).
- Strong organizational and administrative skills to prioritize coordinate, and follow-through on multiple complex tasks and projects concurrently within defined timeframe
- Detail oriented, with ability to create and manage complex spreadsheets and/or databases; proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Superior customer service and teamwork skills and abilities
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent web-based communication skills
- Requires discretion in managing confidential information
- Ability to work both independently and in team-oriented environments
- Knowledge of web industry trends, technology, and social media
Experience in managing online discussion boards a plus.
Experience in using RealMagnet or similar e-mail list-serve or marketing platforms desired
Ability to travel by air or motor vehicle as required. Ability to attend conferences with overnight stay as required.