Responsibilities include estimating and management of complex projects both public and private. Prepare estimates independently or as a team member, typically as its leader at the direction of the Sales Manager and in some instances Senior Sales Manager. Coordinate project schedule and produce monthly progress reports. Maintain integrity of the projects assuring production and completion schedules are met. Individual responsibilities for the projects will increase depending on the project complexity. Required skills include business development, client relations, subcontractor-vendor relations, excellent time management, leadership and efficiency.
- Prepare estimates with the proper level of detail for all design stages: Conceptual, schematic design, design development and Senior Sales documents.
- Consult with clients, architects, subcontractors and material suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, effect cost reductions and resolve problems.
- Pursue projects to bid.
- Schedule quantity takeoffs.
- Prepare estimates using software.
- Work with the operations team throughout the Sales process in reviewing plans and specifications for constructability issues and determining general requirements on the project.
- Ability to manage and track multiple Sales projects at once.
- Analyze alternate means and methods to determine the most economic Sales alternative.
- Compile and analyze subcontract quotes.
- Submit prepared bids assuring accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare Senior Sales and subcontract agreements.
- Produce monthly progress billings and sub pay estimates.
- Analyze progress consistently and compare to budget (estimate) to avoid overruns and costly delays. Familiar with team atmosphere work environment. Ability to work in a team environment and fit in with company culture and processes.
- Expected and accountable to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.