Sr. Analyst (Medicare/Medicaid)
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all qualifications and requirements BEFORE the closing date of this announcement.This position requires applicants to have at least 1-year of specialized experience equivalent to the PT-I (GS-12) grade/band level in the Federal Service. For this position specialized experience is defined as experience in developing and implementing policies for or on behalf of the Medicare or Medicaid programs at the Federal or State level.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Frequent travel may be required.
Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Selectee may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Statement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Please be aware that applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
If you are selected for this position, you will be subject to a determination of your suitability for Federal employment.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one-year or two-year probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job. If you meet all of the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. You will be further rated based on your responses to the vacancy questions. Please make sure that your responses to the vacancy questions are supported in your resume. Follow all instructions carefully as incomplete answers, errors, or omissions may affect your rating. Your rating will be invalid if you fail to include a narrative reply to any vacancy question(s) that requires further explanation or your reply is "see resume."
All applicants will be rated on the following KSA’s or competencies:
- Substantive knowledge of the mission, organization, program requirements and operations of the Medicare or Medicaid programs or State Medicaid agencies.
- Skill and experience in developing and implementing policies or programs for or on behalf of the Medicare or Medicaid programs at the Federal or State level.
- Mastery of qualitative or quantitative research methods for analyzing and measuring effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of the Medicare or Medicaid programs.
- Skill and experience in designing program evaluations, including analyzing complex data regarding Medicare and Medicaid.
- Skill in conveying complex information in writing in a concise and coherent manner.
- Skill in oral communication to conduct interviews and make effective presentations. By way of definition, oral communication may include methods used by employees with disabilities such as sign language interpretation, text-to-speech or TTY technology, and amplification devices.
- Skill and experience in managing multiple tasks and assignments under tight time constraints.
- Skill and experience in leading or collaborating in a team-based environment.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation